Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR modules location guide

cruise radar module

Steve,

If you would have looked through the entire thread, you would have seen in post #10, I listed the rest of the modules.

I looked at #10 that arrow pointing to the module only tells you a location on the front center of the car. That's a lot of area to pinpoint one module! Pretty poor and Rediculous!! What is this, a "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" game?

Last edited:
I looked at #10 that arrow pointing to the module only tells you a location on the front center of the car. That's a lot of area to pinpoint one module! Pretty poor and Rediculous!! What is this, a "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" game?

Bye, blocked

Cruise radar sensor found!

Bye, blocked
Well I found it, and it's not in the center of the car, it's behind the driver side smoke colored lens, like it says in the owners manual. I didn't think that that manual covered any repairs or how to service anything, but in this case I was wrong.

I popped that cover off and cleaned the radar lens and that big lens that I popped off, with Isopropel alchohol and water. Now to see if that fixed my problem.

By the way, none of those remarks were pointed at anybody, they were ponted at GM for such a silly map of where these things were located, and if you took them personally I apologise! I always appreciate any and all help that anyone on this forum gives me!

I don't know what to think ......

Posts like this original one are what I had hoped for on this site . But frankly I've never gotten a "single definitive answer" as to exactly what "TECH II" to purchase . Many opinions, little fact . So even though I commend all the great "hard info" here, it's all worthless if I can't get a "TECH II" to allow me to use that info on my vehicle.

No one here has; headlights (complete), dash covers, washer bezels, shocks, rear sway bars, and I seem to be doing much better out on my own . Thank you all, anyway ........

Dash cover ??

,,"No one here has; >>> dash covers,,,,,,"

AZ Geo,,, What exactly do you mean by looking for a dash cover :dunno: IF looking for a fitted material dash cover, like a velour cover to keep direct sun and/or dust off the OEM dash,,,, I can direct you to a AZ company that makes a quality cover.

Posts like this original one are what I had hoped for on this site . But frankly I've never gotten a "single definitive answer" as to exactly what "TECH II" to purchase . Many opinions, little fact . So even though I commend all the great "hard info" here, it's all worthless if I can't get a "TECH II" to allow me to use that info on my vehicle.

No one here has; headlights (complete), dash covers, washer bezels, shocks, rear sway bars, and I seem to be doing much better out on my own . Thank you all, anyway ........

There's plenty of information on TECH II scanners here if you do a search. I bought one 2 years ago and made a post. Nobody held my hand while I did research on it, took me several weeks of researching here and online. Too many people want a handhold more than they want to take time to search these forums.

I don't think this site was ever set up as a parts store. You'll do better searching elsewhere. I've bought several headlight washer assemblies, last I checked they were still in stock w/GM. Rear sway bars are always found online. Shocks can be found on Amazon the last I checked. You looking for a dash cover or a replacement for your dash? Covers can be had, see the above post.

Two weeks ago we came out to a dead battery. Took two days w/10 amp charger to get the battery charged but then the trunk wouldn't open, driver's window wouldn't complete up when door closed and dash notice indicated "Do not drive over 80 MPH". In two days the battery was dead again but this time it wouldn't take a charge at all so we replaced the battery with new but same trunk, window and dash announcement remained. Next day the new battery was dead and wouldn't take a charge so we got a new battery but didn't connect until the appointment at the Cad dealership. We're told two sensors in the trunk which lived in an enclosed well were submerged and destroyed. Said sensors are not in stock anymore so are being sent across the country for rebuilding with a total charge of $6k. Our service contract company claims it will not pay for damage due to water leakage, but I believe the water that runs into the trunk when the lid is opened is the culprit...that's not a leak. You have any problem like this?

I don't know were they are claiming to send the sensors for rebuild but that price is ridicules and NO ONE has been able to repair the body module. The top module is available for sale from GM but shows to be on back order but if ordered most get it In 2-3 weeks. The suspension module that gets wet cannot at this point be repaired by anyone. It can be bough t new from Gm also. just takes a few weeks. There is a guy on ebay selling new ones in the box for 1100$ If he wont ship it to you let me know, I will get it and ship for you. Water damage usually is a result of a leak around the rear trunk seal that GM addressed with a repair. Its mentioned many times on the forum. Raising the trunk when wet does run a lot , a whole lot of water into the trunk area nd is a very poor design. If your warranty does not pay for water damage , it really does not matter were it comes from. Most insurance will pay for rising water or if you run into a river or even if you leave the trunk open in a rain storm but not for a leak. Sometimes they may pay for the resulting damage but not until the leak is identified and repaired.

Hi Bjahn

The Cad Dealer found 2 sensors only…. the sensors are more protected then the modules, in the low end of trunk were water could get in easier, is that all, that he found????

Was the red warning of not driving the car more then 80 MPH, was resolved, as this indicate that an other module could be also been defective.

Was the car garage park for quite some time, as the batterie would not keep its charge and the new one also would not maintain its charge.

The service contract was purchase from your the seller i suppose and if the insurance do not want to get involve it would be wise to contact him to get more informations and help, as the seller knows more about the car then all of us.

Having so many modules soudaintly failing together sounds strange.

Your 2005 XLR purchased few years ago could have been previously involve in a kind of flood and if so then the water could have when up in the trunk lid and reach the sensors and ruine them and perhaps many other modules.

Good Luck

IAN

Here is a document showing the location of the modules for an XLR;

Hello Cad Tech, can you tell me what the "Door" control module controls? And is the door module a part of the door regulator assembly? I'm asking due to my pass door losing total power. I've swapped a BCM out but did not resolve the power loss. Also, can you advise where the (202) ground point is? It seems many components for the door are grounded there. Thank you - Stan '06 XLR-V

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom