Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New owner Alpine White limited edition V

HarvesterUT

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR-V
I've been around here for some time, but I decided it was time to take the plunge. This past Saturday, I picked-up a 2008 XLR-V Alpine White LE. This vehicle has been around the forums for some time - it used to belong to forum member Big Duck. I'd like to thank Big Duck for the smooth and easy transaction - but we found out the car was doing everything it could to stay put! (inside joke)

This is the second domestic car I've owned since my first car ('93 Olds Cutlass Supreme) so this has taken some mental adjustment on my part.... :lol:

I'll post some photos when I get a chance, but I think you've all seen a white V before!

I've been around here for some time, but I decided it was time to take the plunge. This past Saturday, I picked-up a 2008 XLR-V Alpine White LE. This vehicle has been around the forums for some time - it used to belong to forum member Big Duck. I'd like to thank Big Duck for the smooth and easy transaction - but we found out the car was doing everything it could to stay put! (inside joke)

This is the second domestic car I've owned since my first car ('93 Olds Cutlass Supreme) so this has taken some mental adjustment on my part.... :lol:

I'll post some photos when I get a chance, but I think you've all seen a white V before!

Congrats and welcome to the world XLR’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome welcome!! So happy you've joined the family!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Harvest,,,, WELCOME to the website!! :thumbsup

Quote: ",,,, but I think you've all seen a white V before!"

Actually,,, No,.....white XLR's seem to be very rare. I've only seen one and thought it was a fantastic color on the XLR,,,and I'm not a white car fan.

ENJOY the RIDE,,,, :wave:

Thanks, everyone! I am excited to be a part of the XLR owner's club! Here's a quick photo I took while fueling up on the road trip home.

IMG_20190316_174639.jpg

Congrat's...looks awesome, I don't normally like white cars, but I think this looks awesome.

Unfortunately, not sure if you are aware, but this car started as a 1986 Chevy Citation, it was flooded, blown into the air in a hurricane, chopped up, totaled, and then recreated as this XLR, ( in that order)....sorry about that, but I think it still looks great!

Funny thing is my car spent all of its life in Texas!, then was traded in February to a dealer in Tucson, Now its in Ohio.

Btw, My wife and I might be planning a trip to San Antonio in the next year or so, never been there, and always wanted to visit!

Btw, My wife and I might be planning a trip to San Antonio in the next year or so, never been there, and always wanted to visit!

If you do, hit me up! Always down to grab a drink.

I will do so !!

I thought mine was rare.... 1 of 49 in the exterior/interior combination, yours is 1 of 38 !! Amazing , you won't be passing another one on the road !

I will do so !!

I thought mine was rare.... 1 of 49 in the exterior/interior combination, yours is 1 of 38 !! Amazing , you won't be passing another one on the road !

I think the most rare color out of all is the Elektra Blue ('08-'09). It's a very striking color and makes the XLR look the most exotic to me.

I think the most rare color out of all is the Elektra Blue ('08-'09). It's a very striking color and makes the XLR look the most exotic to me.

You are right....looks like about 111 cars in total, both years, regular and V models...

Pretty Car! : ) Welcome

Great picture. What a beautiful vehicle. Welcome to The XLR Group. Top down weather will eventually arrive here soon as our snow (abundant quantities this Winter) is finally starting to melt. I also own a white Cadillac Convertible. :thumbsup Please see the picture inset under my garage. Mine isn't very quick. But it's OK.

Again, welcome! :wave:

Great picture. What a beautiful vehicle. Welcome to The XLR Group. Top down weather will eventually arrive here soon as our snow (abundant quantities this Winter) is finally starting to melt. I also own a white Cadillac Convertible. :thumbsup Please see the picture inset under my garage. Mine isn't very quick. But it's OK.

Thank you! The weather here in TX is already pretty nice. Top down most any time! :)

That's a cool Eldorado !

What a Beauty. Welcome to the XLR family. Have always liked that color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You! : )

That's a cool Eldorado !

Thanks! Being a 1979 Cadillac COPO ordered car originally (they did not make convertibles then), it is a pretty rare one. It was bought new by one of The Getty Oil Heiress Ladies at (then), Restor Cadillac in Burlingame California. Has 45K original miles on the clock. Special ordered as well with real wire wheels. Yet, it is a 79' smogger of that era. I am in the process of fixing this issue as it is horribly underpowered. Rated at 179hp at sea level. Here it is 124hp. An underpowered wimp at this altitude. Presently in the process of fixing this. ;) High compression heads 10.5:1 (64cc combustion chambers), Bigger valves, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, Lunati (mild) roller cam, and hydraulic roller lifters. Free flow cat with cat back duals, and MSD 6AL ignition system. As well the TH325 trans gone. Replaced by the beefier TH425. Both are G.M. 3 speeds. Front diff changed from 223:1 to 303:1 for more off the line acceleration. Should dyno out at around 300hp sea level rating when done. Here, it will be 225hp because of the altitude. It is a heavy car. Approx. 3,660 lbs. Don't want to make it a hot rod, just tweak it some. :) All mods are, and will be hidden from view and all emissions are being retained. In short, being very careful to retain the car's originality as best possible while fixing the problem.

Last edited:
That's awesome, I remember my Dad would get a new Caddy every year or so, One day he brought home what I remember to be, a lime green eldorado, from about that year, (maybe a few years earlier)...The family was all kinda shocked as it was a pretty gutsy color for the 70's. The other thing I remember from that time period, maybe it was that car, maybe not, but he bought one with airbags, no one had really seen them much at that point, and the amazing thing was that the car didn't have seat belts, because the logic was, that with airbags, seat belts were not necessary!

Did a quick search.....looks like the lime green was around 1974....just looked at some pics on Google...Damn, that was green !

They Did Some Really Weird Things Back Then : )

Did a quick search.....looks like the lime green was around 1974....just looked at some pics on Google...Damn, that was green !

I also remember my Dad buying the 'huge luxury barge land yachts' back then. He was a Pontiac guy. 1979 was Cadillac's 1st 'downsizing' of The Eldorado. Yet it is by today's standards a big car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom