Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello from Canada

GaryMartell

My XLR/V(s)
Hi Guys Proud owner of a 2006 XLR. Awesome car and still gets many looks and thumbs up. I've run into my first XLR specific part. My third brake light has three dead bulbs. I've tried GMpartsdirect and many other sources and no luck.
I am looking for GM part number 19330404 which is the third brake light assembly . I believe this was used on all models from 2004 to 2009.
thanks

Does anyone have a source or a good junk yard . I tried some of the bigger ones listed on the 'net and no luck. Someone suggested it might be easier to source a whole deck lid. I' in Canada bu only an hour from the border so that helps with shipping various large items.

Thanks for the approval, looking forward to discovering this site.

Gary

Thanks for the approval ... looking forward to exploring. I've had my 2006 since i inherited it from my Pop. Now I need a third brake light assembly. I've got to do whatever to keep his car on the road and looking sharp

Yep thats the guy. If you want a list of members hes ripped off i will be glad to advise. If you buy anything from that area make sure you pay with a credit card you can disputevthe charges when you get it and it does not work. People in that area troll the forums to see what we need then list them at 3-4 times what they are worth.

Well thanks for that info. I fully expected at some point in it's life to have a problem sourcing a part but I would rather deal with someone reputable . Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll keep looking

Thanks for the tip. Nice fellow that I spoke to but nothing in inventory .. All his trunk lids have already had the tail light assembly removed. Popular part he says. He advised to check back often so I will. thanks

He feels he has the market cornered but the higher he ask for parts the more people look to avoid buying from him at all. If people just stop payingbstupid prices the the prices will come down. There are 14 'cars being totaled right now up for sale and at least 9 of them will be parted out so cheaper parts are coming .

Hi Gary - welcome!
I need to stop by here more often I guess: I seem to have -2- of these. Both look new and I weeded through some emails, and best as I can recall in January 2020 I bought one off eBay from "Jetson519" for USD$169.19. As I recall, one arrived with one of the mounting bosses snapped off (cold weather). eBay did a courtesy refund to me and I ordered another insisting better packaging. A drop or two of superglue and the first one is perfect - it's just plastic after all.

That said, if you want one, I'm not far: post code J0P1P0 and the conversion and shipping and taxes add up to C$230. so that's the price.

And for anyone reading this, I have 4 of the typical 18 inch XLR 5-spoke wheels (bright polished) with Falken tires mounted that I don't need. Tires have plenty of tread, I do believe at least one of the TPMS sensors was weak and that was a couple of years ago. Anyway, those have been sitting in dark storage for a couple of years and I'll never use 'em.

Shipping costs are stupid these days, especially for big, heavy things but if you're local or 'local-ish', do let me know in a private message whenever. I honestly don't need to sell any of this shtuff but if it helps out the community, by all means. I absolutely do not tolerate people being gouged by others on platforms like eBay or private websites so it's my pleasure to help out.

Gord :thumbsup

Hi Gary - welcome!
I need to stop by here more often I guess: I seem to have -2- of these. Both look new and I weeded through some emails, and best as I can recall in January 2020 I bought one off eBay from "Jetson519" for USD$169.19. As I recall, one arrived with one of the mounting bosses snapped off (cold weather). eBay did a courtesy refund to me and I ordered another insisting better packaging. A drop or two of superglue and the first one is perfect - it's just plastic after all.

That said, if you want one, I'm not far: post code J0P1P0 and the conversion and shipping and taxes add up to C$230. so that's the price.

And for anyone reading this, I have 4 of the typical 18 inch XLR 5-spoke wheels (bright polished) with Falken tires mounted that I don't need. Tires have plenty of tread, I do believe at least one of the TPMS sensors was weak and that was a couple of years ago. Anyway, those have been sitting in dark storage for a couple of years and I'll never use 'em.

Shipping costs are stupid these days, especially for big, heavy things but if you're local or 'local-ish', do let me know in a private message whenever. I honestly don't need to sell any of this shtuff but if it helps out the community, by all means. I absolutely do not tolerate people being gouged by others on platforms like eBay or private websites so it's my pleasure to help out.

Gord :thumbsup
I can meet up with you in Montreal and buy you lunch. sent a DM

I had the pleasure of meeting Gordon yesterday , what a great fellow. So knowledgeable about the XLR. He was a great source of info. He has two greet projects on the go. I came back inspired to clean up and organize my own garage. thanks for the third brake light and it will be going on shortly.
Many thanks to everyone else that contributed to my quest for this part. I have had a chance to poke around the forum and there is some great info here. Thanks
I'm going to run my VIN through the data base to see what pops up

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back