Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

4-Auto Parts LLC in Kansas City very bad experience

2006XLRV

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR V Red
I purchased a used headlamp for my 2006 XLRV from Charles at this outfit. He tried to tell me that the Forward Adaptive Lighting was BS and all of these assemblies were the same but sold me a 10 pin assembly supposedly for my 2006 and treated me like I was an idiot but he was an expert and had two of these cars. OK well I just bought my first XLRV in May so I thought maybe I didn't know everything and gave him the benefit of the doubt. He said he's had these lights apart and there is nothing inside that makes it move. I also told him I was interested in a grill and wanted photos which he twice promised me he would send and never followed through.

When the light arrived the inner lens was cracked and yellowed from heat damage like many of the 04-05 lamps were. I contacted him and told him it was not acceptable and he told me to return it for a refund. He charged me a 25% restocking fee based upon the cost of the assembly $650 plus $30 shipping and my refund amounted to $480. I disputed this with him and he told me it was right on the invoice that I accepted it was used and marring, scratches and cracks were normal and that he did not want to do business with me when he sent the light because he knew I was trouble so thus he never replied with the photos of the grille I was inquiring about.

I did my best to say that the 06-09 lamps did not appear to have that problem and mine were not displaying that issue and I felt like since this was a headlamp and a safety item he should have told me up front the lens was damaged like this but all I got back were photos of other assemblies he had in stock and said they were all the same. I then went to PayPal to dispute the fees and they could not come to a decision. I then complained nicely afterwards that he should not have charged me a restocking fee on the shipping. His response was full of profanity and an angry tirade calling me a lying piece of ____. I've been in the insurance business for a long time and even though people get stressed and angry at times I have never used profanity with a client and lost my cool. Clearly about as unprofessional as they come and his only motivation is money without regards to customers.

Needless to say if anyone is looking for any used parts stay away from this outfit. I have spent over $6,000 for parts in the last month or so and have been happy with the new and used products from several vendors except this outfit. Always seems to be someone that you run into that just makes you wonder how they stay in business.

Mike Murphy
Greencastle, Indiana

I did not I used PayPal. I did file a dispute with them and he basically told them I was informed upfront. It was on the invoice but I did not think once about it and if he is the so called expert on XLR's then he should have also verbally told me but his response was "I'm tired of having to tell you people these are used parts and not brand new....and I knew you would be a problem that is why I did not send you any pictures of the grill you wanted because I knew you would be trouble." I've done nothing but try and be courteous and try to resolve this. After PayPal closed the dispute I thought you know it's the principal of the whole issue even the fact I lost 25% of the cost of the part he charged the freight a 25% return fee. That was just really going too far even though it was not much and asked about it. That's when he called me a lyin piece of ____ a dumb__ and told me to get the f--k out.

He wanted this website so he could post the emails here so he could show everyone what a lyin piece of s-_-t I was. At that point I almost thought that might be a good idea but I just blocked the guy and figured I should just warn everyone to stay away from this so called expert.

I'm 62 years old and normally not in the frame of mind to start something that is going to escalate to this level but thought PayPal should know how this guy reacts to people and they could care less about the email correspondence so I'm just chalking it up to life's experience.

Mike,
I am very sorry you went through this. Those are probably my old headlights as he bought both of mine a couple of months ago. I have a 2004 and replaced mine because the DRLs were severely crazed/crystallized. PM me if you are interested and I can send you pictures of my old headlight assemblies and you can compare what you got to what he posted on line. If he posted pictures different from what you got then you were misled.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did not I used PayPal. I did file a dispute with them and he basically told them I was informed upfront. It was on the invoice but I did not think once about it and if he is the so called expert on XLR's then he should have also verbally told me but his response was "I'm tired of having to tell you people these are used parts and not brand new....and I knew you would be a problem that is why I did not send you any pictures of the grill you wanted because I knew you would be trouble." I've done nothing but try and be courteous and try to resolve this. After PayPal closed the dispute I thought you know it's the principal of the whole issue even the fact I lost 25% of the cost of the part he charged the freight a 25% return fee. That was just really going too far even though it was not much and asked about it. That's when he called me a lyin piece of ____ a dumb__ and told me to get the f--k out.

He wanted this website so he could post the emails here so he could show everyone what a lyin piece of s-_-t I was. At that point I almost thought that might be a good idea but I just blocked the guy and figured I should just warn everyone to stay away from this so called expert.

I'm 62 years old and normally not in the frame of mind to start something that is going to escalate to this level but thought PayPal should know how this guy reacts to people and they could care less about the email correspondence so I'm just chalking it up to life's experience.

Man, I miss the days when a customer was actually appreciated. Seems those days are long gone! Sorry about your experience.

Last edited:
4_autopartsLLC

Another forum member pointed out customer feed back for this outfit on "Yelp" also shows a lot of customer abuse from this clown. Appears it's not just on XLR's either.

Mike

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back