Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

05' XLR Power Steering hose needed

Twistum69

In need of the ps hose circled in pic. It's the "U" shaped hose. Had to leave my baby in New Orleans and need to get her home :(

Attachments

• 20200106_150804.jpg
    20200106_150804.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 194
  • 20200119_212901.jpg
    20200119_212901.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 187
Don't waste time on this guy. I drove 15 miles in the cold and the rain to lay on the ground to pull that hose off a friends car t o send him and try and explain to him that the u is a flex joint and when you take it off the car it no longer has a U in it. There is only one hose with a banjo fitting on the car. it is this hose . It goes to the bottom of the pump and then to the rack. The return hose from the rack either goes to a cooler In the radiator or returns to the reservoir tank if the car does not have a cooler. The plastic tank does not matter on the car. Its the fact that late 05 -09 have a power steering cooler in the radiator and now use three lines for the power steering. he was going to send a photo but never did . The hose IDSCN5995.jpgDSCN5996.jpgDSCN5997.jpgn the photo item 8 is available at parts stores under a/c delco numbers .

Long Tall Sally, Well maybe you're not really good at getting your explanations across. Not that I dont appreciate your gesture of walking 2 miles up hill both ways, but like I told you. I'm not very mechanically inclined and the guy that I told you I had come over to look at the car to replace the hose, said it didn't match up. I also told you that I ordered a hose with Auto Zone with that same part number and I, taking his word of what he saw as not matching up, is where I fuc**d up, but not for you to come on here blowing your wad and trying to sell me the same **** as AZ has in stock, and knowing it, is just crazy to me. If it were not for my injuries, I would have tried to take a look myself as he tried matching it up as it sat with the car on ramps and a jack. After I was medically retired from from the service, this car was my one splurge on myself and a dream I've had to own one, since they first came out. I'm not your average XLR owner. I can't just send her of to Cadillac. I have a car I love and try to afford making the payments on my disability just to show that love...lol But when repairs come up, it's a little harder. I simply looked on here for help from the members in Hope's of finding what I thought was the right hose that I needed..... For that, a Thousand apologies!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-001446_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-001446_Chrome.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 205
smh. if you can't compart your knowledget, you're not a very good teacher Sally! Like I said, I had that hose in hand from AZ. After being told it didnt match up, and going to the GM dealer in Gretna, walking away even more confused by the layout of the engine I was given and seeing that dam "U" again, I ordered it, through GMdirect, (attached) only to receive a message that it was no longer in stock, I really felt at a loss, especially since I'd driven up to New Orleans to spend the New Year's with family, and knowing, as you well know that I mentioned to you, that I would have to leave the car there and head home to Florida for my VA appointment.
But again, Mr. Car Knowledge God, why would you try and sell me the hose, if In all your eternal wisdom, know that it's the right one that I need and could just go and reorder at AZ and not worry about waiting or shipping?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-013256_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-013256_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
If I knew it all I would not have went to get a hose to look at and find out why the one listed that it called for would not fit. you said you got the one in the photo and it would not fit and you could not get the correct hose anywhere. You said the dealer checked and there were none anywhere. I don't claim to be a teacher. I don't really know what more a person can say after telling you several times they are the same hose and it will work, that the picture you are looking at which shows it backwards from how its installed on the car. That's about as simple as I can put it.

just so people know, I never even priced the hose as I told him shipping would cost more than it was worth and he could buy a new hose from a local dealer. He insisted he picked up the hose in the photo and it was not correct . I told him several times they are the same hose , the rubber bends to make the U shape. I called him on the phone and spent quite a while trying to explain the hoses are the same. He insisted they were not and he needed "the front one" . I sent him the a/c delco parts number and told him he could not get theGM part number he had from a dealer even though they listed it on line as they list items that are discontinued. but he could from rock auto and any NApa parts store. He said he had already picked up one at the local parts store and it was not correct. Sounds like he was listening to his mobile mechanic who knew nothing about the car. He said he would send photos which he never did. I have all his emails if anyone cared about reading them. A total waste of my time trying to help a fellow forum member out I did not even consider a charge other than shipping to help him out . I wont waste my time with that anymore. And you can get the hose In the photo off ebay for 50$ and from any one of a dozen supply houses.

Last edited:
In need of the ps hose circled in pic. It's the "U" shaped hose. Had to leave my baby in New Orleans and need to get her home :(
I wanted to take the time to get on here and issue an apology to Long Tall Sally. I was looking for help with a power steering hose for my 05' XLR. He went out of his way to go pull one off a friends car to offer it to me. He even suggested a part number from Auto Zone which I had purchased but it turns out that she must have been an early 05' model and fitted with a 04' power steering pump with a totally different hose. Not being mechanically inclined and visually seeing the difference in what was pulled off the car and what both Auto Zone and Long Tall Sally offered me, I was truly confused by it all. Needless to say, the car was left in my aunt's driveway until I got back to New Orleans yesterday. Almost a year later I'm back to pick her up and still was confused by the circle thingy on the hose. Something told me to look up the 04' hose today and BAM!!!! there it was.
The 04 hose on my 05' baby.
Long Tall Sally, my apologies sir, and thank you!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom