Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

20 2004s without HUD or Deluxe Steering Wheel or Polished Whls

gtzy

My XLR/V(s)
future owner
Out of 4387 total 2004 production, there were 4,367 2004 models equipped with HUD, 4,367 produced with deluxe[wood] steering wheel and 4,367 produced with polished wheels. That leaves 20 units that were made without each of these options. Wondering about these 20?

No information to dispute....

I don't have any information to dispute your statement, but would like to know where, how you came about this. There were XLR's built for testing purposes, but I don't believe they are counted in production numbers. I have also seen in person VIN #00001 and it had the HUD, wood steering wheel and polished wheels, so I don't know why they would build 20 after that without the equipment you note. I do know they had a problem with the wood steering wheel cracking early on and would replace with a leather wheel. BTW, when the V's came out, they didn't include the wood wheel. Other that, I don't think there were any problems with the HUD, to have vehicles built without it. Can you verify the statement you make with some facts?

Out of 4387 total 2004 production, there were 4,367 2004 models equipped with HUD, 4,367 produced with deluxe[wood] steering wheel and 4,367 produced with polished wheels. That leaves 20 units that were made without each of these options. Wondering about these 20?

I just woke up from a dream where there were only 10 made like mine and the other 9 were wrecked leaving mine as one of a kind. I had to check the forum to make sure I hadn't published this as fact.

In my search for an XLR I have run multiple VINs through compnine.com VIN decoding service that provides RPO codes and production numbers for each RPO. The 2004 models show 4,367 for UV6 HUD,QF8 Polished Wheel and N30 Deluxe Steering Whl. GM has 4 different part numbers for 2004 windshields
with or without HUD with or without GPS, 4 upper dash pads with/without HUD,shale or ebony. Also 2 part numbers for 2004 wheels with or without polished and 4 part numbers for steering wheels without deluxe shale or ebony and with deluxe with light wood shale or ebony.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
In my search for an XLR I have run multiple VINs through a VIN decoding service that provides RPO codes and production numbers for each RPO. The 2004 models show 4,367 for UV6 HUD,QF8 Polished Wheel and N30 Deluxe Steering Whl. GM has 4 different part numbers for 2004 windshields
with or without HUD and with or without GPS. Also 2 part numbers for 2004 wheels with or without polished and 3 part numbers for steering wheels without deluxe shale or ebony and with deluxe with light wood.

How about a name of this source?

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry