Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 Silver Cadillac XLR

As pointed out by other members, your car is awesome, but it is not silver it's platinum, it has no XM radio package which was the only option and everything else is stock, not options. KBB has the 04 at a ridicules $16,000 and their are people out there that would give a lot more if we would stop giving these cars away at ridicules prices. Barrett Jackson just had a 07-V platinum with chrome wheels and a few goodies go across the block at $48.000 today in Reno and sold. We all paid very high prices for these cars and people are letting them go for peanuts. I think your price is fair for a low mileage, car fax vehicle, in what looks like pristine condition. If it were me, I would go back to the original post and make some changes in the post, look on the bottom line of your post and you will see what options your have on the right. I guess we all have opinions but I tend to be a little pushy with mine when I see these cars loosing value and Cadillac is thinking of bringing the XLR back? Every 5 or 10 years they pull this same stunt and lied to our faces in Bowling Green in 08 when they premiered the 09 with the shark gills that 75% of the owners said, "please don't do this" but did it anyway. We also asked if they were going to continue to make this awesome car at the banquet, and I quote, "we have no intentions of discontinuing this vehicle". :banghead:

Come on now....it's silver. Yes, the technical term is Light Platinum, but for all intents and purposes....it's silver. Satin Nickel - same thing. It's just a different shade of silver.

You the man

Ah yes, and their are hot chicks and hotter chicks and really hot chicks, but they are all chicks, so I see your point.
Come on now....it's silver. Yes, the technical term is Light Platinum, but for all intents and purposes....it's silver. Satin Nickel - same thing. It's just a different shade of silver.

Thank you. I am just trying to sell my car, I really dont feel like being ridiculed for not speaking in perfect XLR terminology.

To try and clarify the XM radio option, it was exactly that in 2004 and maybe even 2005--an option. The antenna was shipped with the car to the dealer in a box in the right cubbyhole in the trunk or just in the trunk. The antenna was then dealer installed, it was not done at the factory. If the car was not ordered with the XM option, no antenna was shipped with the car. The wiring harness was different as well for the cars with the option, so it was hard to add later on the earlier models without it. In 2006 the antenna was moved into the passenger rearview mirror housing. I believe XM was then a standard option by then as well. If I am incorrect about anything, I'm sure Cadillac Tech can shed better light on this, as he got all the XLR's sold at the dealership he worked for, ready for the new owners.

To try and clarify the XM radio option, it was exactly that in 2004 and maybe even 2005--an option.

You are right about this, Cubby. It was an option in the 2005 models as well.

BTW, the cost of the XM Radio option in 2005 was $325.00.

You are right about this, Cubby. It was an option in the 2005 models as well.

BTW, the cost of the XM Radio option in 2005 was $325.00.

I think it was $125.00 per year now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

:lol: I get mine for $18 a year for the last 6 years when I got cheap. GPS if it's stolen, mechanical diagnoses on the fly & lock out protection at the car wash.:laugh:
I think it was $125.00 per year now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Are you trying to say it is the same or that it is different? Being a different shade makes it different, no? I bet it would really matter if your hood was one color and your fenders a different one. Well, I guess it may not matter to everyone.

0000PS!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Is all reds....................RED? I guess I'll calm down before Rob tells me to go to my room.:lol:
Are you trying to say it is the same or that it is different? Being a different shade makes it different, no? I bet it would really matter if your hood was one color and your fenders a different one. Well, I guess it may not matter to everyone.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Is all reds....................RED? I guess I'll calm down before Rob tells me to go to my room.:lol:
Only when it is a neck does the shade of red not matter to me. :laugh: What I'm not really sure of is why we need to different names for technically the same color, the engineering name and the marketing name. But even those colors are different despite not being able to tell them apart by any measure once applied. They have different names so they are different.

I suppose I could say that my hood is painted Crystal Claret and fenders Crystal Red Metallic. Two different colors despite having the same code of 89U :reddevil

I'll take a leap here and say that those with an engineering or technical background will have a better chance of follow my thoughts. Those in the medical or business fields, maybe not.

And yes, I do have way to much time on my hands, thank you for noticing.

still for sale!

Cars like Corvettes and XLR's and other "Sport" cars go for high prices here in the GREAT Northwest. XLR's are hard to find in this area at a dealer. There are a few private sales going on and they are priced in the same area as you are asking.

The 2004 XLR that I just bought in July was the only one at a dealer for 1100 miles. The asking price was $29,995. 44,000 miles. A bad right front shock and the turn signal lenses are a little melted. I got the car for $25,000. I paid that price because I didn't want to travel somewhere to look at one and two of the private sales were not as clean as my XLR. I'm sure mine was sent to a pro shop and cleaned up, even under the car is spotless.

There are more XLR's in your end of the country than mine. You could ask more for your XLR if you wanted. As for the color, mine is "Thunder Gray" but it has so much silver metal flakes in the paint that in the sun it looks more silver than gray. In the shade it's gray, in the sun it's silver. :)

Good luck on your sale.

The Cadillac dealer here in Lexington, KY has a, I believe platnimun '04 asking 29,900. I don't remember the mileage but the wife might (arv09). We looked at it before we bought the black '05. This price seems reasonable..

Yeah, what's the deal with those melted parking light lenses? Our '05 has them melted and the '09 doesn't.

In '06, GM, after numerous complaints, decided to do something about the melting parking light issue. They developed a different plastic configuration for the parking light lenses and began using this on the '06 and up XLR's. If you were one of the fortunate owners, GM would replace the headlamps (that's right, you have to replace the entire headlight to cure the problem) plus you need a jumper harness between the 4 wire '04 & '05 harness to the 6 wire '06 & up headlight at a list of around $1100 per headlight + $150 per harness. I have heard of some dealers around the country that are still replacing them for free, but they are getting fewer and fewer.

Thank you for all your kind words. When I was in the market for an XLR, I would have killed for this price and miles...

Car is still for sale, about to come out of storage in the next few weeks!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom