Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 Silver Cadillac XLR

ls1forlife

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
Platinum 2004 Cadillac XLR with Ebony leather interior with 49k miles. Clean and clear title in hand. No salvage/recall/theft/damage history, carfax report available. Everything in the car works as it should and needs nothing. Has a lot of goodies: heated and cooled seats, HID lights, adaptive cruise control, Bose, power everything, hard top convertible, back up sensors, etc. Tires and brakes are almost new, oil was just changed. Stock other than Corsa stainless catback exhaust. The car is inspected in PA until 4/14. I do not drive the car much so I am selling it. Located 1 hour North of Philadelphia PA.

Asking 22000

Last edited:
Silver 2004 Cadillac XLR with black leather interior with 49k miles. Clean and clear title in hand. No salvage/recall/theft/damage history, carfax report available. Everything in the car works as it should and needs nothing. Has every option possible: heated and cooled seats, HID lights, adaptive cruise control, Bose, power everything, hard top convertible, back up sensors, Bluetooth, etc. Tires and brakes are almost new, oil was just changed. Stock other than stainless catback exhaust. The car is inspected in PA until 4/14. I do not drive the car much so I am selling it. Located 1 hour North of Philadelphia PA.

Asking 23000

You mention BLUETOOTH is that standard on 04?
I have an 05 but did not know that it was Bluetooth compatible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

This sounds like a nice car at a slightly high price, but you could get it if the car is in impeccable condition as it looks.

If you advertise it elsewhere, you might consider changing the color scheme to Platinum Exterior/Ebony Interior; silver/black doesn't differentiate it from any other car out there.

--As for describing it as, "Every option available . . ." There was only one option available in 2004 - the XM radio receiver/antenna. Everything else is standard. The XLR came loaded with standard features that might be options on most other cars.

Good luck on your sale!

CC :wave:

This sounds like a nice car at a good price.

If you advertise it elsewhere, you might consider changing the color scheme to Platinum Exterior/Ebony Interior, silver/black doesn't differentiate it from any other car out there. As for describing it as "Every option available . . ." There was only one option available in 2004 - the XM radio receiver/antenna. Everything else is standard. The XLR came loaded.

Good luck on your sale!

CC :wave:

Thank you! Its a beautiful that is fully functional! I just drove it to NH and back, I would trust it anywhere.

Thank you for the heads up, I should be more technical on such an enthusiast site.

The question ask about the Corsa Exhaust is also an important one!
As the picture here looks like they maybe Corsa tips. If you look at top of the 4 pipes tips, there is Corsa name emboss printed on top of the tips. If so this is an aftermarket upgrade to your XLR given the fact that it is an excellent exhaust system and add an extra 15 HP to the 320 of the NorthStar V-8 motor. That another good selling point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

--As for describing it as, "Every option available . . ." There was only one option available in 2004 - the XM radio receiver/antenna. Everything else is standard. The XLR came loaded with standard features that might be options on most other cars.

Yes, you might want to drop the "every option available" description since it appears that the car does not have XM Radio. This because I did not see a satellite antenna on the trunk.

Good luck as well with your sale!

You can make changes to your post

As pointed out by other members, your car is awesome, but it is not silver it's platinum, it has no XM radio package which was the only option and everything else is stock, not options. KBB has the 04 at a ridicules $16,000 and their are people out there that would give a lot more if we would stop giving these cars away at ridicules prices. Barrett Jackson just had a 07-V platinum with chrome wheels and a few goodies go across the block at $48.000 today in Reno and sold. We all paid very high prices for these cars and people are letting them go for peanuts. I think your price is fair for a low mileage, car fax vehicle, in what looks like pristine condition. If it were me, I would go back to the original post and make some changes in the post, look on the bottom line of your post and you will see what options your have on the right. I guess we all have opinions but I tend to be a little pushy with mine when I see these cars loosing value and Cadillac is thinking of bringing the XLR back? Every 5 or 10 years they pull this same stunt and lied to our faces in Bowling Green in 08 when they premiered the 09 with the shark gills that 75% of the owners said, "please don't do this" but did it anyway. We also asked if they were going to continue to make this awesome car at the banquet, and I quote, "we have no intentions of discontinuing this vehicle". :banghead:
Thank you! Its a beautiful that is fully functional! I just drove it to NH and back, I would trust it anywhere.

Thank you for the heads up, I should be more technical on such an enthusiast site.

Yes, you might want to drop the "every option available" description since it appears that the car does not have XM Radio. This because I did not see a satellite antenna on the trunk.

Good luck as well with your sale!

Just because the car does not have the antenna on the trunk, does not necessarily mean the car does not have the XM module installed. My '05 does not have the antenna mounted on the trunk, but upon receipt of the Window Sticker, I saw that it did have the XM option. It appears that many owners ordered the XM option, but when they were told the dealer would have to drill a hole in the trunk, they opted out of doing that. I have heard people finding the antenna in the RT cubby in the trunk.

Also - yes, the prices are driving down - but it is not the fault of owners "giving them away" - it is called SUPPLY AND DEMAND - if owners ask a high price and nobody is buying, then the price must come down. Some people are selling these because they cannot afford to keep them. KBB puts a value out there that people are willing to pay - if they say its worth $16K, then it may well be ... but the condition of the car is very subjective, KBB should be used as a "guide", not the "KNOWER OF ALL RESELL VALUES". I would say take a look at what is currently on the market - try to compare year, mileage, condition (not too much to compare with options, as you found out) and geographic location. Good luck selling her - she looks like a gorgeous car.

Just because the car does not have the antenna on the trunk, does not necessarily mean the car does not have the XM module installed. My '05 does not have the antenna mounted on the trunk, but upon receipt of the Window Sticker, I saw that it did have the XM option. It appears that many owners ordered the XM option, but when they were told the dealer would have to drill a hole in the trunk, they opted out of doing that. I have heard people finding the antenna in the RT cubby in the trunk.

Is your XM antenna in the RT cubby?

How is your reception?

Dave, My 04 radio had XM installed when I bought it from the dealer and it had "The wart", named by someone on this site about 8 years ago, already on the rear deck. The radio went bad under warranty and they put a new radio in it but my XM button was greyed out, nor would it work, went back to the dealer and they told me that they ordered the wrong radio without XM connections and had to order one with the XM connections. Now maybe they started to put all radios in that were XM compliant at some point whether you bought the option for XM or not and that might be what you have. I also get your point on the resale of these cars and respect your opinion. Thanks, Standby

Also - yes, the prices are driving down - but it is not the fault of owners "giving them away" - it is called SUPPLY AND DEMAND - if owners ask a high price and nobody is buying, then the price must come down. Some people are selling these because they cannot afford to keep them. KBB puts a value out there that people are willing to pay - if they say its worth $16K, then it may well be ... but the condition of the car is very subjective, KBB should be used as a "guide", not the "KNOWER OF ALL RESELL VALUES". I would say take a look at what is currently on the market - try to compare year, mileage, condition (not too much to compare with options, as you found out) and geographic location. Good luck selling her - she looks like a gorgeous car.

It seems to me that to advertise XM function (an optional feature) on an '04 it should be functional, therefore have the trunk antenna. What model year did the antenna location change? '06?

I try not to answer or make a remark unless I'm sure of what I'm talking about first hand so I can't answer your first question but in answer to your second, your quite right, the 06 had it installed in the mirror housing, getting rid of that terrible wart on the trunk from the beginning of the first run at the plant.:wave:
It seems to me that to advertise XM function (an optional feature) on an '04 it should be functional, therefore have the trunk antenna. What model year did the antenna location change? '06?

I try not to answer or make a remark unless I'm sure of what I'm talking about first hand so I can't answer your first question but in answer to your second, your quite right, the 06 had it installed in the mirror housing, getting rid of that terrible wart on the trunk from the beginning of the first run at the plant.:wave:
There was only one question in my post that you quoted.

Thank you all for your input. Ill have to remember to be more detailed on such an expert site.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom