Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Site Update: 2006 Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Information

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Does this help explain the -Ebony interior question? The registry still shows 3 different interior colors in later years.

• Admin
Does this help explain the -Ebony interior question? The registry still shows 3 different interior colors in later years.

Can you give me an example?

Can you give me an example?

It all goes back to the Ebony listed as a separate color on some stickers of cars with Cashmere interiors and that two tone interiors only were made in 2009. If you look at the interior colors in the registry in 2007 and 2008 there appears Cashmere, Cashmere/Ebony and Ebony. The first two are actually the same as there were only two different interior colors offered. Ebony is actually the trim color used on ALL interiors.
Look at 2007 S/N 58 and 1489 for an example.

In 2009 they are listed the same way so it is not clear if these cars are one of the 57 true two-tone interiors or is it a carry over from the format used in 2007 and 2008 where one interior color is listed two different ways.

Last edited:
  • Admin
I think I understand what youre saying. The problem is that I started entering information into the Registry even before I released it to the public. Back then, I didn't have the colors and options down pat....and it wasn't until earlier this year that I got the confusion with interior colors solved. Now I have to run through the Registry and make a ton of corrections.

I think I understand what youre saying. The problem is that I started entering information into the Registry even before I released it to the public. Back then, I didn't have the colors and options down pat....and it wasn't until earlier this year that I got the confusion with interior colors solved. Now I have to run through the Registry and make a ton of corrections.

I understand the issue of making corrections. Let me know if I can help.

• Admin
Phrede,

So I think I have the 2006 XLRs fixed in the Registry to show Shale with Ebony Accents instead of just Shale. What about the 2007 - 2009 XLRs? For clarification: all 2007 - 2009 XLRs were built with "Cashmere with Ebony Accents" instead of just "Cashmere" - with the obvious exception of the 2009s built with "Ebony with Cashmere" inserts?

Phrede,

So I think I have the 2006 XLRs fixed in the Registry to show Shale with Ebony Accents instead of just Shale. What about the 2007 - 2009 XLRs? For clarification: all 2007 - 2009 XLRs were built with "Cashmere with Ebony Accents" instead of just "Cashmere" - with the obvious exception of the 2009s built with "Ebony with Cashmere" inserts?

Sounds like you have a handle on it. The two tone 2009s were ebony with cashmere panels in the seats and doors. For 2006-2009 I can confirm all interiors (including the two-tones) had ebony accents/trim. Is it really worth mentioning the accents or just better to say the interior was simply ebony, cashmere, shale or two toned? Your call.

Really the only "odd ball" is the 2004-2005 shale interiors which did not have ebony accents.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Well....my original intent was to show exactly what the window stickers show since you would think that the window stickers would be a pillar of accuracy...however, as we know, GM wasn't exactly accurate with the window stickers over the years.

For example: one of the 2006s with Shale interior in the Registry has the window sticker and it shows "Shale" interior - even though, it should show Shale with Ebony accents as in other window stickers.

So my goal is to come to some sort of standard.

In my mind: a true "all" Shale interior was in 2004 to 2005. Regardless of what they showed on the window sticker for 2006 - it should be listed in the Registry as Shale with Ebony Accents.

I believe the 2007 - 2009 XLRs should be handled the same way since the window stickers *do* show "Cashmere with Ebony".

Agreed?

Well....my original intent was to show exactly what the window stickers show since you would think that the window stickers would be a pillar of accuracy...however, as we know, GM wasn't exactly accurate with the window stickers over the year.

For example: one of the 2006s with Shale interior in the Registry has the window sticker and it shows "Shale" interior - even though, it should show Shale with Ebony accents in other window stickers.

So my goal is to come to some sort of standard.

In my mind: a true "all" Shale interior was in 2004 to 2005. Regardless of what they showed on the window sticker for 2006 - it should be listed in the Registry as Shale with Ebony Accents.

I believe the 2007 - 2009 XLRs should be handled the same way since the window stickers *do* show "Cashmere with Ebony".

Agreed?

I disagree. The accent color change was a model year change thing. It is like saying 2009s with the round driving lights. What makes you say that the 2006 sticker should say "... with ebony accents"? Since all models had the same color trim/accent from 2006 on why mention it? We don't mention the color of any other component in the car, what makes the trim color so special? It is not like you could get one with any other color trim.

Whatever way you want to do it as long as it is consistent. My 2008 window sticker *does not* show "Cashmere with Ebony". I suggest the standard should be to list what the color of the interior is only. The color of the 2004-2005 shale trim is unique to that color and model years. The inconsistency is in the stickers not in the cars. Is it not a registry of the cars regardless of what the sticker says?
2012-09-26-13h51m02-2.jpg

I disagree. The accent color change was a model year change thing. It is like saying 2009s with the round driving lights. What makes you say that the 2006 sticker should say "... with ebony accents"? Since all models had the same color trim/accent from 2006 on why mention it? We don't mention the color of any other component in the car, what makes the trim color so special? It is not like you could get one with any other color trim.

Whatever way you want to do it as long as it is consistent. My 2008 window sticker *does not* show "Cashmere with Ebony". I suggest the standard should be to list what the color of the interior is only. The color of the 2004-2005 shale trim is unique to that color and model years. The inconsistency is in the stickers not in the cars. Is it not a registry of the cars regardless of what the sticker says?
View attachment 4529

Ok...I see your point.

View attachment 4529

Ok...I see your point.

As do I...

I noticed that your '08 V window sticker lists Adaptive Cruise Control as a feature. Were they able to figure out how to include that on V's post-'06?

There were no V's with adaptive cruise control. There is no room for the unit, it is taken up by the intercooler for the supercharger and the transmission cooler on the other side.

I noticed that your '08 V window sticker lists Adaptive Cruise Control as a feature. Were they able to figure out how to include that on V's post-'06?

What Cubby said. Just goes to show the sticker accuracy leaves something to be desired.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom