Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2006 XLR

paulc17

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum XLR
Has anyone noticed two small marks on the hard top roof, equally spaced, one on each side. Well, I took the car to a body shop and they showed me where brackets on the underside of the trunk lid are making contact with the top of the roof (when it's folded down) and causing the marks.
The roof has to be repainted. I wonder if it's covered under warrentee.

Information

Document ID: 2202265
#PIC4547A: XLR Roof Does Not Latch At Rear Corners In Stowed Position - keywords latch loose mid open potentiometer retract stow trunk - (Oct 23, 2008)

999999995.gif
Subject:XLR Roof Does Not Latch At Rear Corners In Stowed Position

Models:2004-2009 Cadillac XLR and V-Series

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIC4547.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:

Some customers may comment of a mark in the paint on the roof panel. This mark may be on the drivers or passengers side of the roof and typically the size of a pencil eraser. Further inspection of the retractable roof may indicate when the roof is stowed, the rear corners of the roof are not secured in trunk area. This may be the result of a misadjusted roof panel.
Recommendation/Instructions:

1. Lower roof into trunk as far as it will go. Stop when trunk starts to close. Check to see if the rear roof latches engage the lower support. Scribe the current position of the rear roof panel pivot bracket bolts. These marks may be needed if the panel moves more than needed. The position should only change about.5 mm (one half mm). Loosen both of the rear roof pivot brackets to rear roof panel fasteners one turn (both driver and passenger sides). These only need to be loose enough to allow the bracket to slide under the bolt shoulder. Do not allow the shims (if present) to become mis-positioned. Manually lower the panel so the rear latches engage and latch. Lightly bump/thump the rear corners of the roof panel above the latches using your open palm. Re-tighten the previously loosened fasteners to the specifications listed in S.I (Doc I.D. = 1739799)
  2. Cycle the roof and ensure that it latches properly in both the up position and down position with out assistance. If it does not latch in the up position the strikers can be adjusted.
1986780.gif

(1) Front Of Vehicle
(2) Loosen One Turn
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.​

999999994.gif
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION​

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

06 XLR "Marks on Roof"

Thanks. You nailed it!!

I will be visiting my dealer service dept. next week.

Do you know if they will re-paint the roof panel under warrantee??

Thanks again.

Paulc17

06 XLR Roof

Thanks again. I'll let you know how I make out.
Paulc17

06 XLR Roof Panel

Has anyone noticed two small marks on the hard top roof, equally spaced, one on each side. Well, I took the car to a body shop and they showed me where brackets on the underside of the trunk lid are making contact with the top of the roof (when it's folded down) and causing the marks.
The roof has to be repainted. I wonder if it's covered under warrentee.

My local Cadillac dealer corrected the roof problem and had it repainted. All under warrantee!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom