Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2007 XLR problem opening door

o2bndair

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Ebony/Cashmere
I am unable to open the driver door from the inside. This happens about 80% of the time. When I press the button to open the door the window lowers but I have to use the manual lever on the floor. It happens whether the car is running or not. No problems with the passenger door. Any ideas? Thanks

I am unable to open the driver door from the inside. This happens about 80% of the time. When I press the button to open the door the window lowers but I have to use the manual lever on the floor. It happens whether the car is running or not. No problems with the passenger door. Any ideas? Thanks

If the exterior
Button is working ok, then it sounds like the interior open button, that you push to activate, to open the door may be getting bad and not always working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be. The button actuates the lowering of the window that precedes the opening of the door 100 percent of the time which makes me think the button is ok.

Have you cleaned the exterior door pops yet ? Remove them with 2 screws remove plug, then smaller screws holding it together clean interior of switch with an pencil eraser or 1000 grit paper and clean with alchohol. Put back together. I've done this twice in the last 5 years to mine was doing the same screwy stuff. Somehow the exterior buttons fixed it everytime. Easy like a 10 min fix

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom