Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2007 XLR V on ebay

dennis93coupe

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR-V Crystal Red with Ebony / Cashmere 1 of 6
Haven't looked today yet but saw a 2007 XLR-V, Infrared with ebony interior and only had 13,000 miles on her. I did a vin check on it and showed it was ordered, don't quite understand how that would have transpired at the time back in 2007. They were asking a little over $48,000 at a dealer in Pompano, FL. What are the V's going for now? Anybody have a comment on this? If I were looking and in Florida it would have been worth checking out. Only 20 something made in those color combination from looking at the data base. Maybe I'm just partial to Infrared and ebony interior.

Do you remember where it was for sale or what the VIN is?

I will have to look and reply when I get home tonight from work. I saved the link. It was in Pompano, FL and a dealer had it listed. Looked good in the pictures, but after having one for awhile now, I have a better idea of what and where to look. Mileage was about 13,500.

Appears that it's no longer on eBay; it was at the Coral Cadillac dealership in Pompano
Car had been titled at one time in Ontario, Canada and color at one time was listed as Black!
and then changed to Red-if I remember correctly. Thought $48XXX was too much especially
when being advertised for under wholesale....

Appears that it's no longer on eBay; it was at the Coral Cadillac dealership in Pompano
Car had been titled at one time in Ontario, Canada and color at one time was listed as Black!
and then changed to Red-if I remember correctly. Thought $48XXX was too much especially
when being advertised for under wholesale....

Can't say anything about registration locations or paint change, maybe confusion when registered and mistook exterior for interior color. I can only tell by the vin decoder I used online which has been reliable in the past. Advertised for under wholesale? Who's wholesale? Always a sales pitch and I read past a lot of that, not saying I would give that much and obviously 2 others that made offers when it was still up before ebay time ran out. I will post the link when I get home.

The interior sure looks pretty sun faded for having only 13k miles. Must have sat outside with no shade cover!

Cubby, did Scarlett have a solid black interior before you re-did it? If so, wondering if it seemed faded to you.

I think that black sueded part fades more regardless - it's lighter than the leather in our V (not as bad as the one for sale though! Had close to the same mileage too) & I hate it, wish there was a way to dye it. Maybe dirt & dust buried in it is doing it, although we've tried vacuuming it too. Our V was a FL car, surprisingly with NO added window tint so that may have been what did it.

Sure looks bad on the one they're trying to sell!

Last edited:
Mine is shale interior. I changed the seats and center console to Ebony and left the shale inserts in the seats for the two tone effect. Mike may want to look at recovering the center inserts.

Cubby, did Scarlett have a solid black interior before you re-did it? If so, wondering if it seemed faded to you.

I think that black sueded part fades more regardless - it's lighter than the leather in our V (not as bad as the one for sale though! Had close to the same mileage too) & I hate it, wish there was a way to dye it. Maybe dirt & dust buried in it is doing it, although we've tried vacuuming it too. Our V was a FL car, surprisingly with NO added window tint so that may have been what did it.

Light colors

Looking at all of their pictures of this car the colors look too light and faded. Even the paint color is on the lighter side so I would say it's more of a problem with their camera and or photographer. For those of us that know the true shade that these colors should be, this doesn't help them much. I'm not the greatest photographer, but I will say this, their colors are way off. Look at the shade of Cubby's XLR, and a few others that are infrared including mine. All of their interior shots are way too light. As far as the suede inserts, I would do something with those as they look mismstched. They almost have a shade of brown in them. I'm not a big fan of painted or polished wheels and those would have to eventually get chromed. I'm waiting for my tires to wear out on mine before I change wheels which will be chrome the next time.

Mine is shale interior. I changed the seats and center console to Ebony and left the shale inserts in the seats for the two tone effect. Mike may want to look at recovering the center inserts.

Think you're right! - thanks for the info, think you were lucky to have shale.

Ebay XLR

I purchased this car last Friday. It should be in Maryland on Sunday. I will post more when it gets here.

Pricing Help

Tom could you tell us how much you actually paid for it?

I'm trying to find a good one like that but I don't know what a fair price would be so I've been hesitant to make any offers.

Thanks a lot.

Rod

Try surfing Autotrader & Cars.com, then keep in mind (per a dealer friend of ours) that the dealer expects to get about $2k less than asking. I'm not sure how that will be affected by the rarity of XLR-V's, but for an under 20k mileage '06 to maybe '08 V you're generally looking at around $50k. Probably run you at least upper $50's for more recent years with under 20k miles (any V's in that mileage range don't show up too often). A lot of the V's for sale are in the 30-35k mile range & look like they're running about $45k for earlier years. Obviously these are just pretty broad generalizations, & I've mostly paid attention to '06-'07 prices which seem more stable & "reasonable."

Prices for V's are all over the place, but bear in mind since there were less than 2k of them made, bargains are rare (and suspect). If it is in a color other than black, silver, & possibly red it will disappear quickly too, because there are even fewer of those. Ran across this in the hunt for ours. Hope this info helps. :wave:

Thanks XLRating, that's a good answer. I've got to stay inside my budget, which is around $40,000, so I might be looking for unicorns: low mileage and low price too.

I'm down here in Miami, so that car in Pompano wasn't far away, but unless they came down quite a bit it was too expensive for me. I keep looking though, maybe I'll snag one.

Cheers

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back