Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2007 xlr v

Bosco

Hi I am new to this sight and have a question
Ebay # 121110632000
Can anyone tell me if the vents in the fenders are stock.??
Thanks!!!

Ebay # 121110632000
Thanks!!!

Of what fender vents are you talking about? The ebay item I looked at did not have any.:confused: :confused:

they look like they are off a cts

Yup, aftermarket. They do look like CTS vents. XLRs didn't have vents until '09--should never have had them at all!!! IMHO.

Yup, aftermarket. They do look like CTS vents. XLRs didn't have vents until '09--should never have had them at all!!! IMHO.

Thanks didn't think they belonged there. The owner is trying to tell me that some had them some didn't LOL
Look at the question section on ebay and see his response??????

Thanks didn't think they belonged there. The owner is trying to tell me that some had them some didn't LOL

Very interesting reading (the comments on the Ebay listing) ... very little of what he says, appear to be actual facts (as far as I know)... ok, the engine is hand built - that one I'll give him.

Actually (now don't hate me folks) - I don't mind the look of the CTS vents on this XLR - much better than the ones that were chosen in '09 IMHO. - but who wants to drive a $100K car that shares body trim with a $40K CTS? :chuckle

Very interesting reading (the comments on the Ebay listing) ... very little of what he says, appear to be actual facts (as far as I know)... ok, the engine is hand built - that one I'll give him.

Actually (now don't hate me folks) - I don't mind the look of the CTS vents on this XLR - much better than the ones that were chosen in '09 IMHO. - but who wants to drive a $100K car that shares body trim with a $40K CTS? :chuckle

I knew some of the info was true but clearly not all of it.
Can anyone run the vin and give me the service history Thanks

Hmmm....

They say the car's never been in the rain. Maybe there's a reason. Those vents are right above some pricey electronics, if I remember right. If they just punched holes in the fender, and didn't engineer anything to handle rain/car washes, etc., maybe it might be a reason they're selling it at that price. FWIW :dunno: Really would have to see the car to know for sure.

Also, if they're making the claim that the vents are factory installed, wouldn't you think they'd get the build sheet showing that???

Tim

They say the car's never been in the rain. Maybe there's a reason. Those vents are right above some pricey electronics, if I remember right. If they just punched holes in the fender, and didn't engineer anything to handle rain/car washes, etc., maybe it might be a reason they're selling it at that price. FWIW :dunno: Really would have to see the car to know for sure.

Also, if they're making the claim that the vents are factory installed, wouldn't you think they'd get the build sheet showing that???

Tim
Thanks I didn't even think about water intrusion :dunno:

By all documentation I have ever seen those vents were not ever factory installed but may have been installed by the dealer. I question if they even 'vent', as in what looks like an open section, in fact is satin black plasitic, just like the ones on the 2009's as my car is. My only concern is if the dealer touched up the edges of the metal with some paint before installing, but that would be something you could check yourself. It would give rust an easy target: the vent piece itself would hold water against the body longer and the metal would be exposed by cutting. Certainly not a deal breaker in any instance, even if they are open 'vents' you could seal them off.

Truly there was nothing 'experimental' about the 2007 XLR, it was its 4th year off production!

If no one with access here replies, you get the VIN and go to a Cadillac dealer and they could run it for you to check the warranty history.

He's not a very good speller, is he?

I was so thrilled to know that my XLR is one of the cars that adaptive cruise "was tested on". :rolleyes:

I think this guy has drank the kool-aid that someone at the dealer poured for him.

By all documentation I have ever seen those vents were not ever factory installed but may have been installed by the dealer. I question if they even 'vent', as in what looks like an open section, in fact is satin black plasitic, just like the ones on the 2009's as my car is. My only concern is if the dealer touched up the edges of the metal with some paint before installing, but that would be something you could check yourself. It would give rust an easy target: the vent piece itself would hold water against the body longer and the metal would be exposed by cutting. Certainly not a deal breaker in any instance, even if they are open 'vents' you could seal them off.

Truly there was nothing 'experimental' about the 2007 XLR, it was its 4th year off production!

If no one with access here replies, you get the VIN and go to a Cadillac dealer and they could run it for you to check the warranty history.

You are correct about not being "factory installed."

Do they vent - Yes. I know because I added the same vents to my Eldorado. The Satin black section is riddled with 1/16" diamond shape holes. (The 2009 XLR Vents are also actually functional, just not free-flowing because there is a foam pad behind them, but it does breathe. I know because I took mine out to install my LED turn signals behind the vent and opened the foam up in a couple strategic places to improve airflow through the engine bay).

As far as touching up the cut - its not necessary. An old acquaintance wanted the STRUT Grille package installed on his brand new 2004 XLR back when I was helping with high-end audio installs. We took a SawZaw and cut in the same location as the OP for the Strut badge/vent. Its all fiberglass. I actually still have the section that we cut out (it was in my dream jar till I got my own XLR).

I think this guy has drank the kool-aid that someone at the dealer poured for him.

I'd agree.

Ebay # 121110632000
Thanks!!!

They also could be some pep boy stick on junk. They don't look bad were they are placed but some people will stick them everywhere and on any car.

Thanks for all the useful information. I went and drove a regular 2008 XLR today and was impressed with it.
Is there any other concerns you guys see on this car? I am ready to make a deal and have another I am considering.

Also, he writes in his ad that the car appears to be his, but in the Q&A he admits he's selling it for his friend. That's probably why he's "all wet" on some of his answers.

Also, there is not a rust problem as the doors are not made of metal.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom