Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2008 Caddy Hearse

Bakertech

Seasoned Member
I attended a funeral last week and took 3 photos of the headlights on the Hearse.
It was a 2008 model according to manual but no Model.

I think that if it was really necessary, these headlights could be adapted to an XLR.

I have no further info on them and don't know if they are available.

I cannot seem to ever load pic's here so Private message me if you want to see them.

Last edited:
If it was a 2008, it was definitely a DTS. I understand it's the hearse version but the front end is completely the same as the base. I own a DTS as well and while rebuilding my XLR I decided to compare the two lights for fun. I had read a post a few months back about the same topic and figured what the heck. Well if memory serves, they weren't even close. The DTS lights, while similar in appearance, have very different angles/dimensions. The XLR lights were more angled, whereas the DTS lights are more upright or vertical. If you do a side by side comparison I think you would know what I mean.

Is it possible? Probably, but from what I saw in my comparison, it would take some very heavy modification of the fender to make it work. Even then I think you would have a pretty tough time making it look stock as the body lines on the lens probably wouldn't match the car as they do with the stock lights.

It's too bad Cadillac didn't decide to cut costs on the DTS and use the XLR lights, I think we'd all be much happier.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom