Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A/C Problem

tonypro99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Red XLR-V
Hello all;

My A/C system seems not to be working I had to recently replace the radiator since the plastic tank cracked on it and go the new updated one. Well installing back the condenser I noticed that there was a crack in it so I welded it and installed everything back together.

The problem I have is how do I trick the low pressure switch in order to have the compressor kick on to take the R-134a. Could someone please provide me the location of the switch please and what to do exactly?

Much help appreciated!

Condenser Replacement Necessary?

How has your repair to the condenser gone?

The service manual states that the drier/dehydrator is integrated to the condenser and is non-serviceable. Did you figure out a way to service the drier, or just put the old condenser back on with no problems (other than welding the crack of course)?

Thx,

Greg

You might try heating a can of R134 in a pan of very hot water while it is connected. I have got freon to leave the can that way. Once some gets in you will probably get the system to start cycling.

Hello all;

My A/C system seems not to be working I had to recently replace the radiator since the plastic tank cracked on it and go the new updated one. Well installing back the condenser I noticed that there was a crack in it so I welded it and installed everything back together.

The problem I have is how do I trick the low pressure switch in order to have the compressor kick on to take the R-134a. Could someone please provide me the location of the switch please and what to do exactly?

Much help appreciated!

Old thread

Tony has probably long since figured out his solution, the thread is from 2011. I'm hoping he's out there somewhere though, and can share his experience.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom