Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A new Cadillac XLR mileage record!

professor

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR. Miles driven, 271,278 as of Nov 5, 2012
Some of you will remember that back in 2006, I reached the 100,000 mileage barrier. Well today, on my birthday of all days, I have reached the new record of 200,000 miles!:)

SanAntonio005-1.jpg
[/IMG]

This photo was taken today at the US Postal Service.

SanAntonio007-1.jpg
[/IMG]

This final picture was taken on my way back home. I pulled off the road to take this photo of the 200,000 mileage mark. It will be easy for me to remember when I hit this record mark because it is also my 64th birthday today!:party

professor:cool:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Happy Birthday Prof. Congratulations on the 200,000 mile marker on the XLR. They sure are great fun to own and drive. So today I am only ten years older than you but in eleven more days I will be eleven more years older than you. You realize we Capricorns live forever! Enjoy your birthday, they only come once a year. First Robin:party

Congrats Professor and Happy Birthday

200K mi

Professor, Congrads on your achievement! I do believe the readers here are dying to know all that you have done to the car in (A) regular maintaince (B) re-calls (C) the usual broken suspects that most X owners have taken there cars in for. The list, if done correctly, would be a very valuable asset to all past and future X owners! Have a great yr professor. and Happy 64th Birthday! Jim F

milage

Bob, To be clear I did not lemon my 04 X. I did purchase one that was previously lemoned by the original owner. I bought if from a Buick dealer it was his wifes car. I knew the story going in and when I saw the 3 pages of repairs including redoing the engine for a dropped piston at 4k mi it still didnt scare me. I bought the car in June of 07 with 18,000 mi on it. I now have close to 30 k on it and the only repair was the 2nd call back for another set of headlight buckets and to have the rear flushed again. Both were under warranty. I am still as happy as can be with the car.
My feeling is once you fix all the deamons and we all know what the usual ones are now, you pretty much have a perfect car as is evedent with the Professors.
I am a big believer in driving your cars as much as possible. With evey car I have bought I always check the maintaince history. My entire fleet of 12 trucks were all bought with way over 100,000 mi on them and most now have 200 to 300,000+. We do all the service in house to keep costs down.
With cars like the XLR the electronics need to be ON more than OFF. Like the computer in your home. I always try to never let the X sit very long without taking her for at least a 10 mi drive. Its hard doing that here in cold and snowy PA but I do on every dry day and then run all 8 of my cars. I also run every componet on the car including the top up and down. That way everything gets lubed, all contacts get touched etc. I know you know all of this Bobbie I am going through this for our readers!
Have a great year out there and Good luck and good Health to you.
Jim F

I'm sorry Jim, That post was directed at Mswaim who did a buy back (lemon thingy)
Bob, To be clear I did not lemon my 04 X. I did purchase one that was previously lemoned by the original owner. I bought if from a Buick dealer it was his wifes car. I knew the story going in and when I saw the 3 pages of repairs including redoing the engine for a dropped piston at 4k mi it still didnt scare me. I bought the car in June of 07 with 18,000 mi on it. I now have close to 30 k on it and the only repair was the 2nd call back for another set of headlight buckets and to have the rear flushed again. Both were under warranty. I am still as happy as can be with the car.
My feeling is once you fix all the deamons and we all know what the usual ones are now, you pretty much have a perfect car as is evedent with the Professors.
I am a big believer in driving your cars as much as possible. With evey car I have bought I always check the maintaince history. My entire fleet of 12 trucks were all bought with way over 100,000 mi on them and most now have 200 to 300,000+. We do all the service in house to keep costs down.
With cars like the XLR the electronics need to be ON more than OFF. Like the computer in your home. I always try to never let the X sit very long without taking her for at least a 10 mi drive. Its hard doing that here in cold and snowy PA but I do on every dry day and then run all 8 of my cars. I also run every componet on the car including the top up and down. That way everything gets lubed, all contacts get touched etc. I know you know all of this Bobbie I am going through this for our readers!
Have a great year out there and Good luck and good Health to you.
Jim F

This is an impressive achievement! :worship:

Congrats. :spin: Keep it spinning.

SilverX

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics