Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! airbag readiness light

ken bastian

My XLR/V(s)
2008 alpine white XLR
hi ,i just purchased a 2008 XLR.my question is,the airbag readiness light keeps going on and off while
i'm driving. it seems to work ok when i start the car but after i drive a mile or two,it comes on and then
goes off. it almost seems like a loose connection or wire. any ideas what's happening here. i love the
car otherwise.thanks kbas

I had a problem like this turns out it was the passenger seat belt tensioner. To reset it just pull it all the way out and let it retract and my light went out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air bag warning & intermitant HUD

I also have a White/Tan 2008 XLR-V that I just purchased with 9K miles on it :). The air bag indicator did the same as yours, flicker ON/OFF for a while then ON. The heads up display has also gone intermittent. Sometimes it works perfectly and other times it won't go on.
I have found that he HUD problem was the use of polaroid sunglasses. The display will disappear if you wear them.

Last edited:
hi ,i just purchased a 2008 XLR.my question is,the airbag readiness light keeps going on and off while
i'm driving. it seems to work ok when i start the car but after i drive a mile or two,it comes on and then
goes off. it almost seems like a loose connection or wire. any ideas what's happening here. i love the
car otherwise.thanks kbas

There are many possible causes, on my XLR a wire had frayed under the driver's seat, replaced under warranty. For me the air bag light came on (when it did) under braking.

Frayed wire under driver's seat causes air bag warning light.

Found the problem. When the driver's seat is all the way down, the seat rubs through the driver's side seat belt pretensioner wiring. Check it out.:stupid: Great engineering GM.....NOT!!! I am going to check the passenger side also.:rolleyes:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom