Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

ALOHA! from Hawaii!! New XLR owner

traderricky

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinum XLR
This has been a dream car for me ever since I saw my first one, David Ortiz (aka "BIG POPPY") was at my Cadillac dealership in Fort Myers, Florida! I was driving a Deville then....married with kids, you know... Now single and loving the new ride! So is my girlfriend!!

I have had several issues the dealership who sold it to me is supposed to fix, one being a broken passenger tail light. There is actually a hole in the light and it needs to be replaced. We cannot find one for less than $4000 - $5000!! And they are bucking the replacement now....maybe someone has one to sell for a reasonable price?? Also, several codes in the computer, P0018, P0021, P0345, P0346, C0710, C0121, B2463!! Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Glad to be here and have such a great group to help out...

Happy ALOHA Motoring!!

Wow. Well congratulations on your purchase. Yes, headlamp and taillamp assemblies are hard to come by and are pretty expensive when they do.

That’s a fair amount of codes you got there. I hope you got some kind of warranty when you bought the car.

Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! A dream car from a dreamland! Good place to own a convertible ! Enjoy [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been a dream car for me ever since I saw my first one, David Ortiz (aka "BIG POPPY") was at my Cadillac dealership in Fort Myers, Florida! I was driving a Deville then....married with kids, you know... Now single and loving the new ride! So is my girlfriend!!

I have had several issues the dealership who sold it to me is supposed to fix, one being a broken passenger tail light. There is actually a hole in the light and it needs to be replaced. We cannot find one for less than $4000 - $5000!! And they are bucking the replacement now....maybe someone has one to sell for a reasonable price?? Also, several codes in the computer, P0018, P0021, P0345, P0346, C0710, C0121, B2463!! Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Happy ALOHA Motoring!!

odb-codes.com to look up these codes if you haven't already. Sure are a lot of them. And if the dealer said they'd replace the taillight hold them to it. Hope you got it in writing on the sales documents

odb-codes.com to look up these codes if you haven't already. Sure are a lot of them. And if the dealer said they'd replace the taillight hold them to it. Hope you got it in writing on the sales documents

I did get it in writing, luckily!! That link just gives me a bunch of ads & junk...no good..

Happy ALOHA Motoring!!

I am assuming you did not buy the car at a Cadillac or GM dealership? They can certainly check out those codes for you and also check to see if the car has hand any hidden recalls etc that have not been resolved. As for the tail light, best check out the salvage yards. Someone here may have some contacts for parts cars too, good luck.

A wee tad jealous here, have not been to Hawaii for over 40 years (gawd I am getting old) but it would be a beautiful place to own and drive an XLR! Enjoy! :burnout:

Footnote: My sister just bought property in Hawaii (forget where) so I will be making a trip there sometime in the future I am guessing! (they need to build, just bought the property)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom