Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Ambient Heat Sensor Help

catcottf

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum
Hi All,
Good afternoon. Just another day in Paradise. Ok, the ambient heat shows 75 all of the time. I ordered and received a new sensor and today I installed it. Well, it still reads 75??? Is there a reset somewhere?? I though replacing the sensor was just toooooo easy... Thanks and have a great weekend.
Fred

Last edited:
There's no reason to have people provide answers personally. Answers posted to questions here are for the benefit of all. Your current problem may be someone's future issue.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll answer this later when I get the time, but I would highly recommend NEVER listing your email address and contact phone number on a public website for obvious security reasons. Interested parties can PM you for more detailed contact info. You might consider using the "Edit Post" button to remove it.

Be safe!

CC :wave:

Hi All,
Good afternoon. Just another day in Paradise. Ok, the ambient heat shows 75 all of the time. I ordered and received a new sensor and today I installed it. Well, it still reads 75??? Is there a reset somewhere?? I though replacing the sensor was just toooooo easy... Thanks and you can reach me at catcottf@onemain.com or 573-552-2901 if you have any solutions... Thanks and have a great weekend.
Fred

Are you referring to the sensor located in the DIC panel? If so, it senses temperature differences inside the cabin to either raise or lower the inside temps. Don't believe it has anything to do with the readouts in the HVAC panel.
If you're referring to the outside temp sensor, here's a link you might find helpful https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...on/6571-outside-temperature-sending-unit.html

My Amient Heat Sensor is Now Working!!!!

HI,
Good afternoon. Just another sunny day in Paradise. I put the car back on the lift and disconnected the plug. Flushed it out with WD-40, dried it and plugged it back in . Drove about a mile and Whalla is started working... Thanks all and now on to the next project. I put my phone number and email address in for a reason. In a 5 minute phone call I can say more than I can type in an hour. I left the Corvette club because of folks that had attitudes.... Thanks

No "attitude" on my part meant whatsoever; sorry you're so sensitive. Common sense internet security dictates one never places any personal information online in a public forum. This includes personal phone numbers, license plate numbers (in pictures) and home addresses. With five posts credited to your profile here, there's no way to determine if you're new to online forums or not. It's a common mistake for newbies.

Not everyone is security savy. YMMV. I had a similar discussion the other night with a guy who thought passwords were foolish for his car forum account. "No one can hack me!" Whatever . . .

Knock yourself out and place any personal info you want here.

But I digress . . .

You can get plenty of good answers here publicly - which is the whole point of auto forums; and this is one of the best. People are civil and helpful. Other car forums can be a slaughterhouse with far too many members fighting amongst each other.

I get loads of PMs each week for help in many of the forums I frequent. My standard reply is to ask them to post their questions publicly for the benefit of all. It's the right thing to do. There's no reason to bypass the process just because it's more convenient to talk on the phone. That negates the reason members come here.

Last edited:
Catcottf
I know cc was just trying to help you with the advice on personal information. CC has never had an attitude in all the years I've been on this forum. CC is the most informed and helpful individual we have ! For the most part everyone is helpful when it comes to our XLR'S. Glad to hear your problem is resolved:cool:
V Happy

Thanks! PM me with your address and I'll have the check in the mail tomorrow!

CC :wave:<strike></strike>

Cudos to CC ,,,,

Quote: " I left the Corvette club because of folks that had attitudes"

This XLR site has 2000 members,,,many original owners probably have departed after selling/trading-in their cars leaving us with a smaller number of members posting/reading.
The Corvette forum I read has over 7000 members with a wide spread in owner's ages, thus providing more chatter and often a larger number of disagreements, opinions, attitudes, etc etc. That rarely happens here at XLR-NET,,,,happy to say that calm and respect are more prevalent here.

I agree with V Happy, and I'm sure that 100% of the XLR-NET members will agree, that CC Clarke is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members that post here. We are greatly appreciated to have CC reading and posting here, and he is an outstanding asset to have on the XLR team :thumbsup :thumbsup

This XLR site has 2000 members,,,many original owners probably have departed after selling/trading-in their cars leaving us with a smaller number of members posting/reading.
The Corvette forum I read has over 7000 members with a wide spread in owner's ages, thus providing more chatter and often a larger number of disagreements, opinions, attitudes, etc etc. That rarely happens here at XLR-NET,,,,happy to say that calm and respect are more prevalent here.

I agree with V Happy, and I'm sure that 100% of the XLR-NET members will agree, that CC Clarke is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members that post here. We are greatly appreciated to have CC reading and posting here, and he is an outstanding asset to have on the XLR team :thumbsup :thumbsup

I have a suspicion he left the Corvette forum by mistake! Jus sayin:D

Oh man, that's another check I have to write! Thanks!!

I agree, this is a very helpful forum with a lot of very knowledgeable owners who have taught me plenty over the years. There have only been a couple of wingnuts, and they didn't last long. It's been interesting following the XLR from the time many of us wanted one, to the initial reception, glory years of production, (and XLR get-togethers) and now with many new members with cars that are in need of serious TLC. The high number of discontinued parts is very troubling, but this forum is as much about the people as it is the car, both of which are very appealing!

+1 for cc, he is absolutely super helpful, no attitude observed ever:)
fyi he doesnt even own his xlr anymore, but still hangs out here to help others,
thank you cc
catcott, welcome to the xlr-net. sounds like you figured out your issue,
do you think it just needed a few minutes of drive time to reset the sensor,
or do you think the connection was faulty, and the cleaning was the solution ?

Last edited:
HI All,
Good morning. Just another day in Paradise. I think cleaning the connections may have resolved the issue. The old sensor may have worked if I had cleaned the connection really well. That connection is right up front where is catches road dirt, rain water and bug juice. It is still working after several days. Thanks and have a great weekend.
Fred

P.S. Sorry to ruffle the feathers. CC does give good info and I do want to stay on his good side. Thanks, Fred

catcottf said:
HI All,
Good morning. Just another day in Paradise. I think cleaning the connections may have resolved the issue.

P.S. Sorry to ruffle the feathers. CC does give good info and I do want to stay on his good side. Thanks, Fred

Smart move! You'll probably not regret it!

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back