Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! TRUNK BUMPERS NOT FITTING

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all...saw a tread about replacing the 2 trunk bumpers as the material on the end just seems to melt away..
Thought a relatively easy job to do so I ordered 2 with part # 10346849..
Received the bumpers but do not think they are correct one.
The bumpers on the end is conical and too big to fit into the rectangular holes...Feeling like the shaping is off round to square ?
Any one know if I ordered the wrong part?
Appreciate any input...Thanks

The bumper P/N you received applies to all model years.

For comparison purposes, have you removed the old part to physically match it against what you received?

TRUNK BUMPERS NOT FITTING..

The old bumpers have disintergrated to point of being a sticky mess..Have nothing to compare too....if part number is correct, just cant see how it will fit.. cone on end not that pliable and once goes into slot if does fit..wont be able to come up...will stay under lip of opening..fitting something round into something square....Is it me:)

RubberTrunk Bumpers

Hi all...saw a tread about replacing the 2 trunk bumpers as the material on the end just seems to melt away..
Thought a relatively easy job to do so I ordered 2 with part # 10346849..
Received the bumpers but do not think they are correct one.
The bumpers on the end is conical and too big to fit into the rectangular holes...Feeling like the shaping is off round to square ?
Any one know if I ordered the wrong part?
Appreciate any input...Thanks

The rubber conical head does not go thru the square hole. It rest firmly against that when the trunk is closed. Use search to see previous responses on how to adjust the fit.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom