Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Another Radio post

kaj41354

I know there are a lot of posts on here regarding replacement head units for the factory radio but, after reading a lot of them, I am still a little confused. I have come down to 2 units. First, the main need is that we use Android Auto exclusively and use it for phone, Waze or Google maps as well as streaming SXM. I am also going to have a backup camera. That being said, I was looking at the Kenwood 4707s and the Sony AX4000. The Sony's Pros are the AntiGlare Screen and the sound seemed to be better but, apparently you cant use it without the included external GPS antenna(ugh)...I dont see anything on the Kenwood requiring that but heard a couple complaints about the glare on the screen. If anybody has any recommendations on these or any other units PLEASE tell me.....Thank you

I put in the Sony XAV-AX700 in mine and love it. The screen is anti-glare, but does get washed out in bright sunlight. I use Waze and Google maps for navigation and Spotify for streaming. It doesn’t have a CD or DVD player and Android and Apple play are wired.

I put in the Sony XAV-AX700 in mine and love it. The screen is anti-glare, but does get washed out in bright sunlight. I use Waze and Google maps for navigation and Spotify for streaming. It doesn’t have a CD or DVD player and Android and Apple play are wired.
Thanks for that information

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back