Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Anyone know were this hooks on?

kbonita

My XLR/V(s)
2006 black xlr-v
I tried to attach this --but it always interfered with the top folding down. Does anyone have a picture of were the two tabs hook on? No car in a 1000 kilometers to compare it to. Thanks Kelly

Ive been wondering the same thing. The middle hook is easy to figure out, but I too cannot tell where the sides attach.

I had it at the dealer-asked them- they hooked it up and it stopped the top half way down. Gets tangled up with the folding arms that are attached to little side windows

I had it at the dealer-asked them- they hooked it up and it stopped the top half way down.

I don't think the cargo net is what stopped the top from going down. From the picture you posted it looks as if you do not have the rest for the top installed. That will keep the top from going all the way down. Without the rest in place for the top when you put it down you can do serious damage to the top. Did you get a manual when you bought the car? That should show you what you need to do in the trunk prior to putting the top down. Hope this helps.

HOMEGAMEROOM is exactly right, and tough to describe, but there is a circular tab on each side that they attach to. I had to take mine down to get to the XM module behind the passenger seat, it covers all the mechanisms and things behind the seats. Unfortunately you need the top up to get to it, and it isn't easy crawling back there.

Thanks--'Circular' tabs did it for me. Could not see the forrest for the trees. Does this look right?

Yes, that is right

Thanks--'Circular' tabs did it for me. Could not see the forrest for the trees. Does this look wright?

'08 & '09 did not come with that cover, they were deleted from the car.:)

OOHHHH,,,, I was wondering what the heck that thing was!!! Mine's an '07 and I don't have a cover. We're naked here!!

'08 & '09 did not come with that cover, they were deleted from the car.:)

So they delete the small cover and bring the price up? Goes to show every penny counts, when watching expenses, huh?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom