Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

AppRadio 4

Wow I didn't realize that the prices where that highly priced 50-70k that amazing! Even better then most any vehicle value stats over the years......."

Mostly athletes and Follywood types buying these. You can still find a "nice" one for mid-20's - - - not so fine as these of course, but still nice daily driver types.

PAC

I have done some research on this, looking at all the info I can find.

I sent PAC and e-mail asking them to work with me to help us figure out how to use something they sell to get this all to work.

The GMOS-06 probably tells the Bose how to turn up and down over the class 2 bus, and probably sends any turn on commands needed.

I'm not sure what the TR7 is for.

There is an RF amp in the trunk for the AM/FM antenna that needs to see an 8 volt signal from the Radio to turn on, maybe that's what the TR7 is being used for?

Hopefully I will hear back from PAC and we can get something working and add a nice "how to" document to the site so everyone doesn't have to re-invent the wheel.

Before you took out the stock radio, did you set all the fade/volume levels to the middle settings?

A lot of the installation manuals for various adapters say to do that.

That could verify the audio wiring at least.

Well I received the replacement app radio and it is a good one, bad news I'm not getting any sound from the speakers. Steering wheel controls work, everything else works just the Bose amp is not receiving the digital volume up or down signal [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade was set in the middle not sure where the volume level was set to but I think it was set just below middle setting

I love the install, have been debating about putting in an App radio!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Can anyone that has completed an aftermarket install give some direction on how their radio is hooked up. I am using the GMOS-06 and have the TR-7 but have not figured out how it should be connected.

This looks great David_b[emoji4] thank you❗️I put this install on hold till my factory unit crashes .
So I take it PAC got back with you on that email you sent them?

Your awesome ❗️A BIG THANK YOU for your effort, it's really appreciated.

I'm still on here but I haven't installed the App4 because my factory unit is still working but with all the thread post the install will work and when the factory unit fails i have all components needed to complete the install

Doing some research I noticed that the PAC-OS-GM32 doesn't provide any Nav connections, like speed and reverse connections like the GMOS-06 does. So if you are considering a unit with Nav now or in the future, you need to go with the 06. If you are using an AppRadio than either should work fine.

Doing some research I noticed that the PAC-OS-GM32 doesn't provide any Nav connections, like speed and reverse connections like the GMOS-06 does. So if you are considering a unit with Nav now or in the future, you need to go with the 06. If you are using an AppRadio than either should work fine.

More than likely the PAC OS4 or OS5 would work. If I had more time when I was getting my Kenwood installed last week I would have had them try them out, but I went with what looked like would work first time.

Schematics

Hi all, haven't been on in awhile. Someone posted wiring schematics on this thread, but they are not here anymore. Could anyone that has them repost or PM me please? Would appreciate, thanks

Most
Most replacement head units don't rely on those connections. All the aftermarket head units just use a ground switch on the parking brake as a lockout and don't require a speed sensor. That's the type of adapter that I had on my 09 Enclave and it worked fine with the Kenwood unit I had replaced the head unit with.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom