Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Are new XLR-V body panels still available?

sseltzer

My XLR/V(s)
'06 Black XLR-V
Have to watch out for drivers making a left turn in front of you ............ ouch!
xlr tow.jpg

I would contact customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com with your VIN and have them check. It looks as though you need more than just fenders!! Listing for '06 V shows right fender as part # 10352516 @ $591.93; left fender is 10352517 @ $591.93 Don't know if these are '06-'08 fenders or if they are the '09 fenders with the chrome fake vents.

Have to watch out for drivers making a left turn in front of you ............ ouch!
View attachment 4777

time for the 09 front bumper upgrade ???? nicer foglights, i dont know for sure, but i bet its a direct bolt on.

SMC Auto Parts snapped up the remainder of GM's surplus XLR parts a few years ago. For some hard-to-find parts, you can check their site: Cadillac XLR 2004-2009 Parts

CC :wave:

Last edited:
Let me know what parts you need and I can check my dealer net pricing. I usually get 15-20% off list.

I have looked at their website, and it's hard to believe they snapped up all remaining parts, unless they really don't list what they purchased.

If that was all GM had in stock, that does not bode well for us.

SMC Auto Parts snapped up the remainder of GM's surplus XLR parts a few years ago. For some hard-to-find parts, you can check their site: Cadillac XLR 2004-2009 Parts

I have looked at their website, and it's hard to believe they snapped up all remaining parts, unless they really don't list what they purchased.

If that was all GM had in stock, that does not bode well for us.

I doubt if they snapped up all the remaining XLR parts, since I am still able to order most parts from my GM dealer here in Billings, MT.

I doubt if they snapped up all the remaining XLR parts, since I am still able to order most parts from my GM dealer here in Billings, MT.

I didn't mean for my post to infer that GM is out of spares or sold off their remaining inventory. --This is why I described SMC's acquisition as "surplus" parts. GM keeps a reserve of spare parts and contracts out OEM replacements when reserves get low for high usage spares, like roof sensors, gaskets, and electronic modules specific to the XLR. For whatever reason, GM didn't need or want to store the parts and sold them at an auction when production ended.

SMC is just one more source (with discounts from MSRP) of XLR parts for anyone shopping around.

I'm sorry If I created any confusion; I don't know of any parts currently on national back order.

Last edited:
XLR Parts

I didn't mean for my post to infer that GM is out of spares or sold off their remaining inventory. --This is why I described SMC's acquisition as "surplus" parts. GM keeps a reserve of spare parts and contracts out OEM replacements when reserves get low for high usage spares, like roof sensors, gaskets, and electronic modules specific to the XLR. For whatever reason, GM didn't need or want to store the parts and sold them at an auction when production ended.

SMC is just one more source (with discounts from MSRP) of XLR parts for anyone shopping around.

I'm sorry If I created any confusion; I don't know of any parts currently on national back order.

I am in need of, and can not find a 2004 cruse control distance sensing module. Several parts houses have shown the listing and accepted my order and money. In a few day I received a "Not Available" and a refund.

If you can post the sources you tried, I'll look for some others for you.

Barring that, you may have to resort to online national salvage yard inventories to find the appropriate DSCC module. Since the module you need only applies to 2004-2005 models, finding a new one may be more difficult (if any remain in stock.)

There is a special alignment tool to ensure the module is pointing correctly after installation. They appear online from time to time and usually cost a fraction of what their original price used to be.

I am in need of, and can not find a 2004 cruse control distance sensing module. Several parts houses have shown the listing and accepted my order and money. In a few day I received a "Not Available" and a refund.

Do you have a part number? Or the VIN of your vehicle? I can also check my sources if I have this information.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom