Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

axle shaft

C

cor383

Well I backed out of the drive and put it in drive and gave it the gas and a rear axle shaft broke? has any one had or heard of similar problem. It sounds like a fatigue problem to me

Ditto.....exactly how much gas did you give it?

axle

About half throttle, The axle broke at the yoke, my best guess is mabey a manufacturing flaw, crack propigation over the years and the failure. I will ask for the axle at the cadillac dealer and investigate the failure and report back to the forum,

About half throttle, The axle broke at the yoke, my best guess is mabey a manufacturing flaw, crack propigation over the years and the failure. I will ask for the axle at the cadillac dealer and investigate the failure and report back to the forum,

This style of axle doesn't have a yoke. It has male splines on both ends that spline into the differential and the rear hub assembly.

I stand corrected , The axle failed at the transition of the spline section to the shaft, It appeared that the brake was clean except for a dark area that may have been a previous crack. any way shes back on the road and loven it!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom