Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM Press Release Beeping Sound

XLR_7254

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
Hello All - so here is the issue:

I've noticed over the past few days that after i start my car i get a continuous beeping sound from the dash as if the unlock button or some button is being pushed over and over. no lights on the dash, nothing changes or moves, car starts perfectly fine. it does go away after a while, i think.

When i turn the car off and push the button to open the door, it doesn't open immediately. I have to push it a few times. i also noticed that the alarm symbol flashes in the dash before the alarm activates and i leave the car. weird.

Could it be the key fob? battery? some setting?

I'm totally lost and confused here...maybe when i get home i will try the other key fob and see what happens? BTW i do have a box style key fob from the newer XLR programmed to the vehicle that i am currently using and have been for the past month. Everything SEEMED to be working fine.

Lost and confused

Tried the other key fob and it worked perfectly fine. Changed the battery in the current fob and it looks like we have found the culprit. Thank you David_B for the suggestion of changing the battery.

I would still have the cars battery tested anyway for load if it has not been tested for over a year.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom