Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Body trim question

zoomzoom

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLRV Black
I recently purchased an 06 XLR-V in black. It has the chrome wheels, plus the vertical chrome side emblems on each front fender. Can anyone tell me why I don't see other 06 XLR-V's with the chrome side emblems on each front fender? Also, were the chrome wheels an option?

The vertical chrome fender "vents" were only on the 2009 model XLR's. A previous owner must have purchased new fenders and the chrome vents from GM and added it later. The vents are fake however. I believe chrome wheels was one of the only options you could get on XLR-V in 06.

would not have to get new fenders. fenders from late 07 had the patterns engraved on the backside for cutting out the holes to install the side chrome vents. or any XLR fender can be cut out for them

Ah that is true. Not sure I would trust a shop to do that kind of cutting, but maybe it's easier that I think it is. :)

Thank you for your replies. The thought that a previous owner (who was the owner of the dealership) liked the chrome inserts on later model years and had them put on the car I purchased did cross my mind. In all the images I have seen, I had not seen another 06 with the chrome fender inserts. Thanks again.

really not near as bad as it sounds. I pulled the fender off and layed it o nblankets on a stand and a couple of holes wit ha dremel and cut it out. took about 3 hours total. Part of that was aligning a new headlight properly as they adjust with washers and its tighten, remove. add a washer and do it again.

I have a pair of the vents new with the proper retaining clips and template if anyone wants them. 200 for the pair shipped or if you just want the one side no longer available from GM its 300 for that one. HAHA

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back