Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Brake pads and rotors

redsoxdad2

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
Does anyone have a suggestions on what kind of brake pads and rotors to put on my 2005 XLR.

Does anyone have a suggestions on what kind of brake pads and rotors to put on my 2005 XLR.

I wrote a thread about my replacement. Check it out in advanced search under brake upgrade. Two piece vented rotors in the front,and drilled in the rear with ceramic pads. Look great,work great,and priced right.

i used oem rotors as they are not expensive and easy to find online. plus they have a special coating that makes them very rust resistant.
i have seen this on many types of cars, but suprisingly the GM coating seems to hold up better than most.
i ordered pads from porterfield, ceramic low dust. have 15 yrs experience with these pads on various mercedes and bmw, always liked their performance longevity and very low dust.
pads are same for the corvette i found mine on ebay for a slight discount over online retailers.
somewhere on here i wrote alot about my brake maintenance job...
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...d-rotors-sooo-easy.html?highlight=porterfield

Last edited:
I purchased mine at R1 Concepts Car Brake Rotor Disc - OEM Rotors, Slotted Rotors, Cross Drilled Rotor, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Brake Pads, & Brake Kits after reading through posts on the forum. I believe Sr. Chief had purchased his there and he was happy with them. I bought the Posi Quiet Ceramic brake pads as they had excellent reviews and I am very happy with mine. Little or no brake dust. They also carry Hawk pads. I also have a black XLR and wish I would have spent the extra $ to get the black zinc coating. I bought the drilled and slotted rotors. Be sure to go to retailmenot..com and look for on line coupons. I got 20% off by just entering the discount code.
Tim
7934bf6c9dfa6d6a343974ba89b432cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics