Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Burning audio CD's?

C

CADXLR-V

OK, so what's the trick to make audio CD's that will work in the XLR-V audio system? Do they need to be wave files or MP3 format? Do they need to be burned at a certain speed or disc format? Thanks!

I figured it out... I was using CD-RW and should have been using CD-R. I was going to delete this thread, but I can't. Maybe someone can use the info. I used Roxio CD creator and burnt the disc at 10X/max speed. It works fine...

Thanks... I haven't burned any as of yet, but it's nice to know that all discs do not work.

Was that to burn MP3's or wave files?

On another note. What is the code you enter in to play DVD's while driving? I have an 06 and the 1971 code doesnt work.

OK, so what's the trick to make audio CD's that will work in the XLR-V audio system? Do they need to be wave files or MP3 format? Do they need to be burned at a certain speed or disc format? Thanks!

What kind of issues were you having? I have been having a problem with burnt CD's that will skip in the 6 disc changer.....pre recorded/store bought CD's play fine. I can insert the same burnt CD's into the DVD/NAV unit and they will play without issue.

What kind of issues were you having? I have been having a problem with burnt CD's that will skip in the 6 disc changer.....pre recorded/store bought CD's play fine. I can insert the same burnt CD's into the DVD/NAV unit and they will play without issue.

The only problem I was having is that the player would not recognize the CD's I made. When I changed to using the CD-R format everything works fine. I have not had a problem with skipping. Not yet anyway...

Was that to burn MP3's or wave files?

On another note. What is the code you enter in to play DVD's while driving? I have an 06 and the 1971 code doesnt work.

The code only works for 2004's and some '05's if I'm not mistaken. I don't think there is another code for newer models--sorry.

Not really...........I was just curious as to why a website would be on Photobucket

Cause I'm an idiot and cut and pasted the wrong link... :rolleyes: This is the place I bought my IPOD interface for my Corvette NAV system. I have not looked at the site closely in awhile, but I think they had something that unlocked some of the NAV features. Not sure if it's of any use, but here it is:

http://www.coastaletech.com/

No idiots allowed on here, just people who make mistakes. God knows I've made my share. I checked out the site but see nothing for the XLR. I sent an email to them, lets see what we get in return.
Cause I'm an idiot and cut and pasted the wrong link... :rolleyes: This is the place I bought my IPOD interface for my Corvette NAV system. I have not looked at the site closely in awhile, but I think they had something that unlocked some of the NAV features. Not sure if it's of any use, but here it is:

http://www.coastaletech.com/

That is the IPOD interface... It's just like the one I have in my Corvette. The device piggy backs/plugs into the XM module. The other end has a adapter that you can plug your IPOD into. It charges the IPOD as well. The functionality is pretty limited, but it allows you to play songs from your play-lists on your IPOD. However, it does nothing to unlock your DVD and NAV features.

No idiots allowed on here, just people who make mistakes. God knows I've made my share. I checked out the site but see nothing for the XLR. I sent an email to them, lets see what we get in return.

I can't promise anything, but I'll try to keep my mistakes to a minimum. :D

Something I did discover and find odd... When I use the buttons on my NAV screen to preset P1-P6 to specific stations the button labels do not change. They seem to only display the P1 through P6. Is this correct? The one in my Vette actually changes it's label and displays the name of the XM station you set it on. I notice when you preset radio stations the buttons change to the name of the radio station.

Yes, it is odd, but that's the way it is. your buttons won't display anything other than P1-6.

You can remove the buttons from the screen if you want to. I got rid of mine since they don't tell me much.

PS End of the game (the 4th quarter, that is) with the Chargers & Colts and it's TIED!!!:willy_nilly:

PPS I just ordered (from woot.com) a Slacker radio. I think I'm going to kill my satellite radio and throw out my MP3 player! I get tired of listening to the same stations all the time, and, since the merge, I'm not happy with the XM and Sirius changes (annoying DJ's as well as the loss of some of my favorite stations).

PPPS Slacker radio is a wi-fi based radio. You pick the stations and artists and they play the music on your PC or download it to your portable Slacker device. It's NO CHARGE, with a few minor stipulations. It reminds me of satellite radio when it first came out years ago. NO annoying DJ's and virtually no commercials. If I'm not violating anything, you can check it out at slacker.com. They call it "slacker" because you don't have to download or fill up your radio manually.

Yea, what happened to Chrome? I'm not even going to renew.:bash:
Yes, it is odd, but that's the way it is. your buttons won't display anything other than P1-6.

You can remove the buttons from the screen if you want to. I got rid of mine since they don't tell me much.

PS End of the game (the 4th quarter, that is) with the Chargers & Colts and it's TIED!!!:willy_nilly:

PPS I just ordered (from woot.com) a Slacker radio. I think I'm going to kill my satellite radio and throw out my MP3 player! I get tired of listening to the same stations all the time, and, since the merge, I'm not happy with the XM and Sirius changes (annoying DJ's as well as the loss of some of my favorite stations).

PPPS Slacker radio is a wi-fi based radio. You pick the stations and artists and they play the music on your PC or download it to your portable Slacker device. It's NO CHARGE, with a few minor stipulations. It reminds me of satellite radio when it first came out years ago. NO annoying DJ's and virtually no commercials. If I'm not violating anything, you can check it out at slacker.com. They call it "slacker" because you don't have to download or fill up your radio manually.

To burn CD's, I've used Steinberg's WaveLab with great success ...
It can even make bad MP3's sound pretty good (as a DVD-Audio too).

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom