My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Cadillac plans to rest its laurels in logo redesign

Jens Meiners
Mike Colias
Automotive News
July 23, 2013 - 11:32 am ET

3027d1374608839-cadillac-plans-rest-its-laurels-logo-redesign-ar-130729973.jpg

Cadillac is working on the first major change to its logo in more than a decade, pruning away the classic laurel wreaths that surround its crest, several sources told Automotive News.

The modified emblem is likely to appear on a concept vehicle that Cadillac plans to show next month at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in California. The redesigned badge would appear on production cars no earlier than the 2015 model year, and the plans could change, the sources said.

A Cadillac spokesman confirmed the plans to show a concept at Pebble Beach next month but declined to comment on a badge redesign.

Full Story: http://www.autonews.com/article/20130723/RETAIL03/130729973#ixzz2Ztoa3Z1Q

Attachments

• AR-130729973.jpg
    AR-130729973.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,617
My neighbor brought this over and was wondering if it was worth anything or what it was even all about. I have no idea. Anyone know anything about it?

My neighbor brought this over and was wondering if it was worth anything or what it was even all about. I have no idea. Anyone know anything about it?

I don't know how much it is worth but it is really neat & I would love to have something like that! Never seen anything like it.

It's not worth anything--Have him just send it to me!! :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding, that is neat!!

It's not very old. It was produced in 2002 or somewhere after that as a 100 year commemorative.

My Cadillac Dealer gave me one when I purchased my XLR.

Here's a scan of the front and back of the card that came with it.

Attachments

• Cadillac Emblem collection card rear.jpg
    Cadillac Emblem collection card rear.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Cadillac Emblem collection card front.jpg
    Cadillac Emblem collection card front.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 2,025
I don't know how much it is worth but it is really neat & I would love to have something like that! Never seen anything like it.

They are actually lapel pins and are easily removable from the backing plate.

You could wear a different one to work every day for 2 weeks!

They are actually lapel pins and are easily removable from the backing plate.

You could wear a different one to work every day for 2 weeks!

That's a very nice collection !

I'm not really a collector, but I suppose I should talk him out of it. Maybe they would look good with my xlr at a show, whether its worth anything or not. :cool:

I'm not really a collector, but I suppose I should talk him out of it. Maybe they would look good with my xlr at a show, whether its worth anything or not. :cool:

Definitely a nice collector's item!

I have mine displayed next to my diecast XLR model.

All that my mom got when she purchased her srx was a emblem. They wanted $500 or so to place it on her bumper. So she left it in its box. Then when she traded for a Honda odyssey, I took it and placed it next to my due cast xlr and the xlr book. Wish I had one of these. But I don't know what'll be better. In collector perspective The emblem or the xlr? Even if its just the base model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at all the different years, I think it would be neat if they incorporated the wide "V" like the 50's emblem. It's still been a part of the design in recent years, like on the back of CTS seats. It says "vroom" to me!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom