Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cadillac Tech I Need Your Help

XLR ED

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Crimson Pearl/Ebony
I have a 2004 XLR and went to the dealer about upgrading the Onstar from analog to digtial. The dealer was on the phone with GM and they say they don't have a part number for the upgrade.

What is needed to do the upgrade? Is it just a module or is there more to it?

What year did the XLR come with digtial Onstar?

Can I get used parts from a newer XLR and make it work? Does a 2006 and up Corvette use the same parts? Do any other Cadillac Onstar interchange with a XLR?

I have a 2004 XLR and went to the dealer about upgrading the Onstar from analog to digtial. The dealer was on the phone with GM and they say they don't have a part number for the upgrade.

What is needed to do the upgrade? Is it just a module or is there more to it?

What year did the XLR come with digtial Onstar?

Can I get used parts from a newer XLR and make it work? Does a 2006 and up Corvette use the same parts? Do any other Cadillac Onstar interchange with a XLR?

I believe I have the info you will need. I will try and post the bulletin tonight. It will have the part # of the upgrade kit & how to install the kit.

Onstar update information

Here is the information you will need to update your OnStar system. Just have them bring up this bulletin;

Bulletin #05-08-46-006Q
Document ID #2203823
for '04-'05 XLR. Part #s for kits; 19115911 or 19117011.
The update kits are not available through GM parts, only by dealership personnel calling OnStar directly. I hope this helps.:wave:

Here is the information you will need to update your OnStar system. Just have them bring up this bulletin;

Bulletin #05-08-46-006Q
Document ID #2203823
for '04-'05 XLR. Part #s for kits; 19115911 or 19117011.
The update kits are not available through GM parts, only by dealership personnel calling OnStar directly. I hope this helps.:wave:
Bruce,
Could post a copy of that bulletin for me.

Ed

It's 18 pages. Take the bulletin # or document # to your dealer & have them make you a copy.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom