Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
FOR RELEASE: 2008-10-17

Cadillac's All-New 2009 CTS-V Ready For Launch

DETROIT – The 2009 CTS-V, Cadillac’s 556-hp expression of ultimate performance and luxury, begins production this month with initial sales beginning around November 1. The latest in the brand’s V-Series of high performance models, the new CTS-V is intended to reach the top of the world’s most desirable luxury cars, at a starting price of $59,995 in the US market.

“The launch of the new CTS-V presents a compelling proposition for luxury and performance enthusiasts,” says Mark McNabb, North America vice president, Cadillac/Premium Channel. “The CTS-V is a strong statement about Cadillac design and technology and a new member in the club of the highest performing luxury cars.”

The CTS-V, based on Cadillac’s critically acclaimed CTS sports sedan, expresses the full extent of the brand’s dramatic design and technology. Designed to enter the stratosphere of the world’s fastest and most exclusive luxury sedans, CTS-V includes advanced performance technology such as a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine and Magnetic Ride Control, the world’s fastest reacting suspension.

The new CTS-V comes standard with a nearly complete collection of features, including a hand-crafted cabin, a 6-speed manual transmission and a Bose surround sound system with a 40-gigabyte hard drive with a USB port. In addition there are a few options available, including a new 6-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel mounted shift buttons, 14-way adjustable Recaro performance seats, microfiber interior accents and a large “Ultra-View” sunroof.

“Along with the new Escalade Hybrid, the CTS-V is a key aspect in Cadillac’s ongoing renaissance, with dramatic designs and very sophisticated technologies for luxury consumers,” McNabb said. “These two new high-tech Cadillac models pave the way for a series of new Cadillac models coming in 2009, including the upcoming CTS Sport Wagon and SRX Crossover.”

# # #

Cadillac is a division of General Motors Corp., and a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. In recent years, Cadillac has engineered an historic renaissance led by dramatic new designs and global expansion. More information on Cadillac can be found at www.cadillac.com.

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM) Founded in 1908, GM manufactures its cars and trucks in 35 countries. In 2007, nearly 9.37 million GM cars and trucks were sold globally under the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden, HUMMER, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall and Wuling. GM's OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services. More information on GM can be found at www.gm.com.

CONTACT(S):
David Caldwell
Cadillac Communications
Phone: 313-665-7252
E-mail: david.caldwell@gm.com

When they do the coupe version this is going to be very hard to resist.

True, I was at a meeting all day today by Arizona State University. Seing a buch of college age kids drooling over the XLR was kind of fun. :rocker:
The back seat on the CTS is inviting though.

Kent,:wave:
Had dinner with Mark & Doris last night before they leave on their cruise and told me to say hi and they are hoping you will be joining BBBIII even a day late to caravan up to their house for a BIG BBQ, stay over like Denny Crane and then back on Sunday. It's an open invitation to local XLR owners to join in and make new friends.
Bobo (BB)
True, I was at a meeting all day today by Arizona State University. Seing a buch of college age kids drooling over the XLR was kind of fun. :rocker:
The back seat on the CTS is inviting though.

The Denny Crane part sounds a little scary :willy_nilly:

The Denny Crane part sounds a little scary :willy_nilly:

I built me one of those personalized Starbucks cards on-line. I love the look on the girls face at our local Starbucks when she reads it.

It says; "My life's waay better than Denny Cranes!" :laugh:

Ya gotta make it for dinner; it will be worth the drive, I promise. And if you don't feel like a sleepover, there are two hotels within a 1/4 of our place. And rooms in Chowchilla are cheap!!! :wave:

I built me one of those personalized Starbucks cards on-line. I love the look on the girls face at our local Starbucks when she reads it.

It says; "My life's waay better than Denny Cranes!" :laugh:

Ya gotta make it for dinner; it will be worth the drive, I promise. And if you don't feel like a sleepover, there are two hotels within a 1/4 of our place. And rooms in Chowchilla are cheap!!! :wave:

As of now the plan is to make it up for dinner. I hear there may be a wine tasting :rocker:

Pictures of '09

We got in our first '09 CTS-V today. It is an awesome ride!

PowershotB2009CTSV173.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV172.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV165.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV168.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV179.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV180.jpg

Bruce :)

Must resist. Waiting on the Coupe. Must resist :willy_nilly:

Well, I can already see the first thing to take off this car. That enormous intake that goes into two little pipes. Those small pipes gotta go, but it's a good looking vehicle and I would wait for the coupe too, but hard to give up 565 HP in my XLR-V.

Nice. Thanks Bruce for the pics. I like it.

You ought to get one why you can! You can always get the coupe later...

Kathy :)

I've been fighting the urge to buy a leftover STS-V in exactly the exterior/interior combo I want for 4 months now. I must be strong. :(

Luckily I am out of garage space :willy_nilly:

I've been fighting the urge to buy a leftover STS-V in exactly the exterior/interior combo I want for 4 months now. I must be strong. :(

Luckily I am out of garage space :willy_nilly:
I've seen that garage :willy_nilly: .... If you buy a new CTS you will have to sell something just to get it close to the driveway! Talk about boys and their toys!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom