Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Caffeine and Exotic Car Show in Atlanta Ga

Thanks Phil for the update. Can't wait in seeing the improvements on your car. Love to see 5 XLRs next month.

I hope to be there Al. Got a little doctor visit on Monday that may mess up my plans though. We'll see. I'm sure the 1st show of the year is a great one!

I hope to be there Al. Got a little doctor visit on Monday that may mess up my plans though. We'll see. I'm sure the 1st show of the year is a great one!

Time for the doctor to make a house call and get you ready for the season opener. Hope to see you there, Phil.

Time for the doctor to make a house call and get you ready for the season opener. Hope to see you there, Phil.

Ha - when's the last time you knew of a doctor that made house calls? I don't think I'll wait til I find one - and then, not sure I'd want him!

Ha - when's the last time you knew of a doctor that made house calls? I don't think I'll wait til I find one - and then, not sure I'd want him!

I believe the last house call was in 1922 at no additional cost. Just showing my age, Phil.

This sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in...weather permitting!

Scott, how far do you live from the Big Chicken? I personally live 12.3 mi to the west off of Dallas Highway (Hwy 120). Let us know when you're registered for the C & E car show. No better way to start a day than enjoying the Thunder Road Run with the top down early in the morning. For those who do not know, the Big Chicken is a Marietta Ga landmark:)

Scott, how far do you live from the Big Chicken? I personally live 12.3 mi to the west off of Dallas Highway (Hwy 120). Let us know when you're registered for the C & E car show. No better way to start a day than enjoying the Thunder Road Run with the top down early in the morning. For those who do not know, the Big Chicken is a Marietta Ga landmark:)

I'm very near the Big Chicken.

No response to my application. Guess I will sleep in Sunday

Though I was not able to attend due to some surgery, I also did not receive a reply to my application. Guess this venue has outgrown us guys with XLR's.

Sorry you missed it Scott - it was quite a show.

Though I was not able to attend due to some surgery, I also did not receive a reply to my application. Guess this venue has outgrown us guys with XLR's.

Sorry you missed it Scott - it was quite a show.

Phil did you save your Gate pass from last year? That's the secret handshake. That's what got me in. If you discarded yours, I can make you an extra copy for the up coming June event. It was a heavy turnout and obviously I enjoyed the Thunder Run Road.

Including yours, we may have up to 6 XLRs at the next C&E event, see below. Alex, the owner of the Black Raven 09 XLR V last year, sold his car basically at his purchase price to someone in New England. Hopefully you're now back on your feet and pressing the pedal to the metal in your XLR.

Possible XLR attendees for the June 19th C&E car show. I'll have passes for everyone. Still register everybody. We will storm the Bastille.

06 XLR Gold Mist (Yours)
06 XLR Xenon Blue (Leonard) displayed @ C&O May 1st
06 XLR V Light Platinum (Jack) displayed @ C&O May 1st
06 XLR V InfraRed (Mine) displayed @ C&O May 1st
07 XLR V Xenon Blue (Scott)
08 XLR Light Platinum (John)

Last edited:
Received my invite for C&E on June 19th on the 10th by email. Anyone else receive the good news?

Nothing here

Scott, I have you covered with a copy of my pass. There're no personal names on the entry passes. Besides when they see your Exnon Blue V they will just wave you in. Remember, just 1 of 10. They are tired in seeing my InfraRed V. I'll have your pass when you join us for the Thunder Run Sunday morning to the car show. Weather may be an issue. They have put the car show off a week if that's the case.

The next Caffeine and Exotic car show at Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta is this Sunday (8-11am) on Father's Day. If in the area, bring your kids on down. The entry fee is $5.00 for adults. You won't be disappointed, I assure you.

Received an email thanking me for my interest but no room for an XLR V.

That sounds like a lot of bull! :reddevil

Just drive up early and park as close to the show as you can then you'll still get as much attention as being in the show..... Heck maybe even more???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received my invite for C&E on June 19th on the 10th by email. Anyone else receive the good news?

Hey Al, wondering how the show went. Any pics of XLRs there? Been off line for a while since the surgery but slowly getting back to normal.

Hey Al, wondering how the show went. Any pics of XLRs there? Been off line for a while since the surgery but slowly getting back to normal.

The weather was great and the turn out was as expected, a full house. Three XLRs met for the Thunder Road Run and two participated in the car show. Mine and Jack's 2006 Lt Platinum/Shale XLR V. His picture can be found on davidnew.org under C&E June 2016. Hope to see you in Aug with your mods.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back