Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

CAN I FIX THIS NEED HELP

TOM 2006 XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2006 BLACK RAVEN XLR
Hi all, my 2006 has 1 bulb out in my left tail light and 3 bulbs out on the trunk brake light out. I did find a new trunk brake light for $178. I went to ebay had to laugh at what listing's are asking at $2,500 ( LMAO ) at that price. Anyhow does anyone know if the light can be fixed without replacing it ? Thank you in advance with any help. Also I would like like to replace the passenger seat cover and the drivers back cover. If anyone has what I'm looking for please email me at ( tomdicksonsr@gmail.com )

Check with cubby558 on the 3rd brake light.
He had one for sale for $105, but may have already sold it.

ras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLDthird brake light.

Last edited:
Hi all, my 2006 has 1 bulb out in my left tail light and 3 bulbs out on the trunk brake light out. I did find a new trunk brake light for $178. I went to ebay had to laugh at what listing's are asking at $2,500 ( LMAO ) at that price. Anyhow does anyone know if the light can be fixed without replacing it ? Thank you in advance with any help. Also I would like like to replace the passenger seat cover and the drivers back cover. If anyone has what I'm looking for please email me at ( tomdicksonsr@gmail.com )
Dont laught too hard . Not only are the yasking 2000-2500 but the ysell for that. If you dont want your car totaled for a simple collision ,be glad that people have the taillights. One bulb out is a sign that they all will start failing shortly. When one goes out it puts more stress or voltage to the others and they will soon burn out. Use Vettronics as he replaces them all. The other cheaper guy in California only replaces the burnt out one which will last a couple of months before others go out . Vettronics has been doing them for years .

seat covers

I got mine( shale) from GM Parts.com in N.Carolina

FYI, I'd snap up the one Cubby has.

I went through this drill a few years ago. Mine was cracked as the prior owner had lifted the trunk into something? The bulbs are not replaceable. Usually get burned out because someone broke one of the plastic threaded lugs where they mount to the body, and water gets inside. :( --- Note of caution when replacing it. Do NOT over tighten the plastic lugs when installing the new one or you will be right back where you are. Just coat at the bottom with a bit of RTV Sealer, and gently snug the threaded plastic lugs down. Stop when the nut bottoms!

FYI, I'd jump on Cubby's deal here. They can be very difficult to find!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom