Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Can't get in my XLR! Help!

oyealiz

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Blue Steel
Open XLR. Get in. Close door. Hit Start. "No key fob detected." Won't let me out! I pull emergency release and get out....Leaving my phone in the car which now will NOT open. Egads! LOL

I assume her battery is dead.

Any hints on getting the key turned/trunk to open combination? Not only will the trunk not come up, that little square keyhole cover fell off in my hand! :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Help, please! Not only would I like to get my car on a charger (if that is the issue), I'd realllly like to retrieve my cellphone!

BTW, I've done everything I've read that needs to be done to open the trunk. Perhaps it's just impossible with only one person?

Entering the car from the trunk is explained in your owner's manual. You can download a copy on this site, since it's probably locked in your car.

Opening the trunk with the key can be a two-person job. It takes considerable effort to lift it as you're fighting the hydraulics.

CC :wave:

Entering the car from the trunk is explained in your owner's manual. You can download a copy on this site, since it's probably locked in your car.

Opening the trunk with the key can be a two-person job. It takes considerable effort to lift it as you're fighting the hydraulics.

CC :wave:

I'm thinking that's why I cannot get it open. I've done the procedure as detailed. Oh, and the little square keyhole cover fell off in my hand. :willy_nilly:

J M O

Oh, and the little square keyhole cover fell off in my hand.

That is the least of your problems right now...........get the trunk open, open the door, pull the hood release to open, charge or replace the battery, and get your cell phone out. When all of the above is taken care of,,,then be concerned with the keyhole cover.

Oh, and the little square keyhole cover fell off in my hand.

That is the least of your problems right now...........get the trunk open, open the door, pull the hood release to open, charge or replace the battery, and get your cell phone out. When all of the above is taken care of,,,then be concerned with the keyhole cover.

You're totally right, except that, since I cannot lift the trunk by myself, I have time to sit and think about the little square keyhole cover. :lol:

$5 will get you a strong kid to lift it.

lol

:lol:

Kevin got home and lifted while I turned the key. She's on the charger now. I need to drive her more or get a battery tender. Probably both!

Leave her parked,,,,,

:lol:

I need to drive her more or get a battery tender. Probably both!

NO,,,,,,,don't drive her more, but buy a Battery Tender Plus and keep her charged up.

Keeping the miles down on her will make it a better 'find' for those of us looking for a replacement XLR in the future :lol:

7b7a5446-3f9b-4526-a612-0855e2fe1b06_1.89218cbfd8d932f1e20bb225bd4d4216.jpeg

NO,,,,,,,don't drive her more, but buy a Battery Tender Plus and keep her charged up.

Keeping the miles down on her will make it a better 'find' for those of us looking for a replacement XLR in the future :lol:

:lol: Smart aleck!

Your chances are good, though.

I was actually trying to move the XLR yesterday to get my Wrangler out. It turned over 100k about 3 yrs ago. Still not up to 103k.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom