Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Changing Differential Fluid

johnpbaird

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Silver
I'm starting to get that little 'rubbing' feeling from the rear end and it seems as though it's the positraction.
I've heard, (and read) that I could change the fluid to the new super-duper "Dextron" that's used in the Vettes.
I've got an appointment with Chevrolet tomorrow to the tune of, $160-$175.
That sh-- must be made of GOLD!
Anyone have any comments on changing frequencies>>:dunno:

Yes... That Sh-- IS made of gold. But it quiets things down immensely!!! I had mine changed last year - cost me about the same. Not sure on changing frequencies, though... hopefully not for another 100,000 miles???

I'm starting to get that little 'rubbing' feeling from the rear end and it seems as though it's the positraction.
I've heard, (and read) that I could change the fluid to the new super-duper "Dextron" that's used in the Vettes.
I've got an appointment with Chevrolet tomorrow to the tune of, $160-$175.
That sh-- must be made of GOLD!
Anyone have any comments on changing frequency.
dealer changed mine under warr. at 30k with old type fluid and additive,noise back at 40k,changed again w/new type,3k so far so good??:), AL

Just wanted to comment on changing the rear end fluid. I went to the Chevy dealer and bought three bottles of the new style fluid for like 23 dollars. It's very easy I didn't even have to jack up the car. It's just a simple drain and fill it takes metric Allen keys. Hopefully you have socket ones it's easier. Drain the old,put the drain plug in, and fill through the fill hole till it comes out. Wait alittle till it settles top it off and put the fill plug in. DONE. cost you 25 bucks. I replaced all the fluids when I purchased last dec. car only has 8,000 but I know the condition of all the fluids now NEW.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom