Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Check Engine Light on

wandrews2004

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Gray XLR
I have a 2004 XLR. Today while driving the engine began to cut out and I got to the side of the road before I lost all power. The message center read "Service Traction Control System" I shut the ignition system off and then restarted and it ran normal, but the CEL is still on. It's on steady, not flashing. Any help?

I have a 2004 XLR. Today while driving the engine began to cut out and I got to the side of the road before I lost all power. The message center read "Service Traction Control System" I shut the ignition system off and then restarted and it ran normal, but the CEL is still on. It's on steady, not flashing. Any help?

You need a scan to find out the stored code.

The rule of code setting/cancelling is that the lamp lights on one failure of a test, but will only go out after whatever set the fault has been shown to pass that test twice. This is why the loose gas cap fault can be so difficult to clear down for example.

All fixed!

Found out my Dealer had bent the air cleaner tube when they reassembled after replacing the thermostat. Of course they told me I needed catalytic convertors before they found their screw-up.

The rule of code setting/cancelling is that the lamp lights on one failure of a test, but will only go out after whatever set the fault has been shown to pass that test twice. This is why the loose gas cap fault can be so difficult to clear down for example.

Thanks for your response!

Thanks for responding. I appreciate your input.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom