Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Clicking noise from right front wheel.

XFireXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR
Today as I was making a "U" turn there was a noticeable clicking noise coming through the floor board on the passenger side from the right front wheel. The sound is not there when I make a left or right turn, only when making a hard turn to the left like a "U" turn. The car will go to the dealer in the morning, any advice in advance will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to avoid making a small issue into a big issue.

:cool:

Went to the dealer today, unfortunately we could not recreate the "clicking" sound. Then the CEL came on and the Tech read all the codes:

P1101 intake air flow system performance.
P0068 MAP/MAF throttle position sensor.
P0171 fuel system to lean bank 1.
P0174 fuel bank 1.
P0300 engine misfire.

Was told by the Tech that there is a TSB for this issue that requires the ECU/PCM to be reflashed. The car was checked and there were no physical problems related to the codes. I will be taking the car back on Friday to get the reflash.
:cool:

One thing the normally aspirated Northstar is known for is the intake manifold bolts loosening for no apparant reason which causes air to leak into the cylinders around the injectors causing a lean condition. You might ask them to check this while it is in the shop.

onalaska....thanks for the tip, I will bring it up on Friday. :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back