Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corsa 14156 Cat-Back Exhaust System Dual Rear Exit

catcottf

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum
Hi All,
Good morning. Just another sunny day in Paradise. Well, I read several posts about the XLR and Corsa exhausts... Ordered a system from THMotorsports on line. Great service and had the system at the house in 4 days. Taking the original exhaust off was a breeze and putting the new Corsa system on was even easier. Fired it up and Wow!!! What a great sound produced by the Northstar.... Went on a cruise with Lake of the Ozarks Car Club yesterday and absolutely No bad sounds or ringing in the ears. Just a great mellow tone. Know, when you put some gas to Northstar you get a wonderful powerful sounding note. Really a great system and I am sure you would enjoy it. A nice upgrade for the XLR for sure.
Fred

I will be getting my car our of storage within the month and the first order of business will be getting a Corsa exhaust system installed. I want the sport mode. I have been trying to get a break on the price and that's impossible. Everyone really likes this system so I guess I will bite the bullet.
John F.

Corsa Exhaust System

Hi,
I purchased mine from THMotorsports. Price was $1,567.30 with free shipping. Best price I could find. I did reuse the original flange gaskets between the catalytic converter and the H-pipe. They were in good shape and I have not exhaust leaks when I put it back together.
Fred

Love the Ozarks

Hi All,
Good morning. Just another sunny day in Paradise. Well, I read several posts about the XLR and Corsa exhausts... Ordered a system from THMotorsports on line. Great service and had the system at the house in 4 days. Taking the original exhaust off was a breeze and putting the new Corsa system on was even easier. Fired it up and Wow!!! What a great sound produced by the Northstar.... Went on a cruise with Lake of the Ozarks Car Club yesterday and absolutely No bad sounds or ringing in the ears. Just a great mellow tone. Know, when you put some gas to Northstar you get a wonderful powerful sounding note. Really a great system and I am sure you would enjoy it. A nice upgrade for the XLR for sure.
Fred

Just saw your post about driving the Ozarks yesterday. I just got home an hour ago from riding the Ozarks in Arkansas on my Harley. We went for the Bikers, Blues and BBQ's event, stayed in the Rogers area, trailered the bikes there (1600 mile round trip on the truck) then rode the heck out of them: did just shy of 700 miles in our 3 day trips: and as you know there is not a straight or level mile anywhere. (at least where we rode)

Anyway when I saw your post I though - dang, I missed seeing your XLR - then realized we are 4 hours apart.

Anyway, enjoy your XLR in the Ozarks - what a great place to own that car!
:burnout:

Ozark Roads

HI,,
Good morning. Just another sunny day in Paradise. You are soooo correct about the Rogers area and their roads. We just had a Bike Week here at Lake of the Ozarks and had about 12,000 bikes from all over attend. Talking to folks they all agree on the great roads to ride. We get lots of riders from Illinois and Kansas where all they have is flat land to ride on. They really like the scenic areas here. Have you ever been to Eureka Springs, AR?? Another great place to visit. You may have been there on your trip. Anyway, come back and enjoy our Ozarks often. It is a great place to live and drive.
Fred

HI,,
Good morning. Just another sunny day in Paradise. You are soooo correct about the Rogers area and their roads. We just had a Bike Week here at Lake of the Ozarks and had about 12,000 bikes from all over attend. Talking to folks they all agree on the great roads to ride. We get lots of riders from Illinois and Kansas where all they have is flat land to ride on. They really like the scenic areas here. Have you ever been to Eureka Springs, AR?? Another great place to visit. You may have been there on your trip. Anyway, come back and enjoy our Ozarks often. It is a great place to live and drive.
Fred

Yes we spent a fair bit of time in the Eureka Springs area. Also, War Eagle Mills, lots of state parks, Fayetville, Harrison, found a great BBQ spot near Winslow, and hundreds of small towns along the way!

Ozarks

Hi,
Good afternoon. Just another Fall day in Paradise. I did over 29 years in the Navy and all my friends thought I was nuts for moving to Missouri until they visit. They all love the lake, the hills, views and trees... All hard to find items close to the ocean. On your next trip come visit the Lake of the Ozarks. A wonderful place in Paradise.
Take care,
Fred

Hi,
I purchased mine from THMotorsports. Price was $1,567.30 with free shipping. Best price I could find. I did reuse the original flange gaskets between the catalytic converter and the H-pipe. They were in good shape and I have not exhaust leaks when I put it back together.
Fred

Hi catcottf,

When you did the install what did you do with the butterfly valve wires on the stock mufflers? Or are those only on the latter V models? I can't find any information on what people did with those when they removed the mufflers. Thanks!

Hi catcottf,

When you did the install what did you do with the butterfly valve wires on the stock mufflers? Or are those only on the latter V models? I can't find any information on what people did with those when they removed the mufflers. Thanks!

I believe his is 04 Base model and V didn't come about until 2006 and I don't think every year of the V had the switch valves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butter Fly Valve Wires

HI All,
Good afternoon. Sunny and 70 in Paradise. Hard to believe such great weather in Missouri in Mid November. The replier is correct. My XLR is a base and did not have the butter fly valves. By the way, I have almost 2,000 miles on the Corsa exhaust and love it. A very nice sound on the highway and when you put your foot into the Northstar it sounds great. No ringing in the ears at any time, top up or top down. I would say it is the best way to go by far. Take care and have nice day.
Fred

Hi catcottf,

I installed the Corsa Cat-back system on my 2006 V series and it’s been a joy. The vacuum lines which actuated the valves opening the secondary outlets were plugged so they don’t throw any codes.

Gotta say happy mine had the Corsa on her when I bought her! Can't beat the no drone and awesome sounds when you put the foot in it!

c9692003f9764ef7518ad2a2d2400ed9.jpg
8619d4dda3b7c849a820cacfd1ebca28.jpg

Gotta say happy mine had the Corsa on her when I bought her! Can't beat the no drone and awesome sounds when you put the foot in it!

c9692003f9764ef7518ad2a2d2400ed9.jpg
8619d4dda3b7c849a820cacfd1ebca28.jpg

My mechanic says it sounds like a really ****ed off Chriscraft. And he's got an 08 STS V that his mother drives![emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

My mechanic says it sounds like a really ****ed off Chriscraft. And he's got an 08 STS V that his mother drives![emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

since the form nanny censored me I guess we'll just call it "angry" Chris-Craft. [emoji12]

since the form nanny censored me I guess we'll just call it "angry" Chris-Craft. [emoji12]

Mine a 05 so it's a Base not a V but still racks off beautifully

Corsa Cat-Back

I had my new Corsa exhaust system installed exactly one month ago and it is great. It is the best money I have spend on my car. I put duals on my Tahoe with Magna Flo's a few years ago and it has a lousy sound compared to the Corsa.
JohnF.

Love the sound of the Corsa's

Hi, Good afternoon. Just a little on the coooooool side in Paradise. I knew you would like them. I drove up to Jefferson City, MO this morning and is sure is hard to NOT put your foot in it because it sounds soooooo goooood.... I know that angry Chris Craft sound. I had a 260 Stinger and still have a 410. Gotta love those toooo. Have a great weekend.

Corsa Cat-Back

Catcottf. You think it's cool in Paradise. I just drove home from Southern CA. to Alberta and it's - 20 to -30 f. That is chilly. I was in Southern CA. for a month and a half and saw one XLR. Coming home I saw one on my final stretch in a snow blizzard in Southern Alberta. The roads were terrible and visibility was very poor. I couldn't believe someone was out driving one of these cars. He must have got caught by surprise.
John F.

Hi, Good afternoon. Just a little on the coooooool side in Paradise. I knew you would like them. I drove up to Jefferson City, MO this morning and is sure is hard to NOT put your foot in it because it sounds soooooo goooood.... I know that angry Chris Craft sound. I had a 260 Stinger and still have a 410. Gotta love those toooo. Have a great weekend.

I know!.... when the wife's with me she always says....why do you do that! I laugh and say it's a mind thing you wouldn't understand... I especially enjoy sliding over to manual shift!

Driving in Snow

HI All,
Good afternoon. We have reached our high for the day in Paradise.... A sweltering 32..... Ha! You are correct, not the car to drive in the snow. I had a '98 vette for a few years and it was bad in the snow. If they are talking snow the XLR will be staying in the garage. After the first snow here I won't be driving it much unless we get a good rain. The road guys put down a lot of salt and sand and it just tears up cars. Let alone windshield chips. I am not sure you could find a windshield??? As to the great sound... My GF even likes the way it sounds and she is not a car girl... Have a great weekend.
Fred

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back