Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Corsa exhaust for a 2009 XLR

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Has anyone out there put a Corsa exhaust system on a 2009? I contacted Corsa as they didnt have info for the 2009 and they were unaware about the different stock exhaust tips :willy_nilly: (which I want to keep on the car) so I sent them a picture of the tips and they had never seen them. Is the exhaust layout under the car the same as 2008 (my guess would be yes) I suppose the next recourse would be to get the car on a hoist and take photos to send to Corsa. I am going to assume there will have to be some sort of adapter made to accept the stock tips.

Your 2009 XLR has the "D" shaped tips. I have never seen a Corsa tip with that shape. This was the only year that XLR had that tip. I think Cadillac also reshaped the rear valance for the "D" Tips.

Your 2009 XLR has the "D" shaped tips. I have never seen a Corsa tip with that shape. This was the only year that XLR had that tip. I think Cadillac also reshaped the rear valance for the "D" Tips.
My understanding is that the "tips" are part of the rear facia - not necessarily "tips". I think Corsa would have to see how Cadillac married the exhaust to the rear facia through those D shaped ends. Putting the car on a lift and sending pictures to Corsa would probably be your best option - probably something more CUSTOM for Corsa. I bet it will be expensive - not a lot of demand, since there were only around 800+ 2009 cars made. :dunno:

Since one of my planned updates is to get those tips added to my car I have done some research. Chicago Dave is correct they are part of the rear bumper cover and are not sold separately. (I got a line on two vendors with them at $1400). The tips actually are not connected to the exhaust at all. From looking at a few 09s the exhaust is straight cut 1-2" short of the tips - they do not touch. The exhaust also only has one pipe after the mufflers as opposed to my 06 which has 2 per muffler.

Your Corsa Cat-back should fit just fine, but you'll have to cut off the tips.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I must confess: I am an XLR virgin. I have always loved them from a far, always wanted one etc. I was in the market for a new daily driver, nothing wrong with my 06 Grand Prix, just time for a change. Nothing out there ticked my fancy, has to be made in North America by GM or I may consider a Ford etc. Told my hubby that if I had My Dream for daily driving (we have a nice collection of GM Muscle cars) I would be driving an XLR with a dependable back up when I need more than 2 seats (or for during the winter). He pointed out that I have a dependable back up so why not get the 'dream': I think my husband is most definntly a keeper!
Fast forward, been looking for a couple of months and narrowed it down to an 09 red, but as much as I love power I decided to not persue a V as I want to drive it daily be able to afford to keep gas in it. I am happy to say that we found a low mile car in Minnesota and it is on its way! We put Corsa's on all of our daily drivers (including my 06 Grand Prix) so I wanted to get that on order too. I expect the car sometime next week and I guess I will just have to be patient. I have driven a coupl of XLR's but never under one and we kind of wondered if the tips were just dress-up. We will confirm that just as soon as we get it up on the hoist in the Garage-Ma-Hall.I will post the results.
Meanwhile if anyone has some good underside shots of their cars (not 2009's) I can do some comparisons to mine and decide if the existing Corsa set-up need mods. Better yet, if someone HAS a Corsa set up on thier XLR, regardless of the year, that would be helpful.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom