Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Corsa Exhaust

Richiez

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 inferred XLR
I just had the Corsa ehaust system #14156, according to Corsa Tech it is the "Sport" version and the only one available for the 2007 XLR. Well, the Sport version, in my opinion is far too loud for this classy car, so now what do I do?
I am thinking of possibly having resonaters installed to reduse the exhaust sound by at least 15%, however i am concerned that the installation of the resonaters will cause a drone noise.
I don't know what else to do.
What do you think?

You need to get in touch with Corsa and explain your problem before you modify the exhaust and cause more porblems. Doug-J

Corsa Exhaust System

Hi Doug, I am trying to respond again, lost my previous response someware? I am new to this site so I'm not even sure this is the proper way to respond.

I was saying in my previous response I contacted Corsa many times before I made the purchase, but they never responded. I had heard from others that owned 2005 XLR that their Corsa came with the "Touring" oprion.

Finally I got in touch with Corsa Tech by phone and he informed me that the Corsa system # 14156 for the 2007 XLR only comes in the "Sport" package.
He also said he had no options to reduce the sound.

I mentioned putting on a resonater and he said that may cause a drone noise, may?

Since then I have done some research and from all I have read and discussed, resonaters are designed to eliminate drone noises.

So since I am out of options, other than going nack to stock or living with the sound I may try the resonater and if does cause drone noises, have them removed. Back to sq one!

I hope youget this respponse.

Thanks for you assistance,
Richiez

You need to get in touch with Corsa and explain your problem before you modify the exhaust and cause more porblems. Doug-J

I put an XLR-V exhaust on my base 04 and added the "mild to wild" switch. It's quiet when I want it to be, and has a nice rumble when I want it! I only added the mufflers; it was a 30 minute install. :rocker: I bought them on eBay - used - very inexpensively!

I have been in xlr's with corsa and they are too loud for my taste also. I have the v and agree that is a very good way to go, highly recommend

Hi,

That is very good to know. Unfortunately, too late as I have already installed the Corsa Exhaust System.

However a good option if I should decide to go back to stock.

I wonder if the entire V exhaust system would be bolt on for a basic XLR?

How does the switch work? Manual?

Thanks so much for your response.

Richie

I put an XLR-V exhaust on my base 04 and added the "mild to wild" switch. It's quiet when I want it to be, and has a nice rumble when I want it! I only added the mufflers; it was a 30 minute install. :rocker: I bought them on eBay - used - very inexpensively!

Hi Doug, I am trying to respond again, lost my previous response someware? I am new to this site so I'm not even sure this is the proper way to respond.

I was saying in my previous response I contacted Corsa many times before I made the purchase, but they never responded. I had heard from others that owned 2005 XLR that their Corsa came with the "Touring" oprion.

Finally I got in touch with Corsa Tech by phone and he informed me that the Corsa system # 14156 for the 2007 XLR only comes in the "Sport" package.
He also said he had no options to reduce the sound.

I mentioned putting on a resonater and he said that may cause a drone noise, may?

Since then I have done some research and from all I have read and discussed, resonaters are designed to eliminate drone noises.

So since I am out of options, other than going nack to stock or living with the sound I may try the resonater and if does cause drone noises, have them removed. Back to sq one!

I hope youget this respponse.

Thanks for you assistance,
Richiez

I happen to love my Corsa but everybody to their Own Opinion!
Anyway there are people on the forum here may be interested in swapping or buying your systems and some may have their original systems to sell to you?
Just ideal option ask around here on the forum ????!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

I just had the Corsa ehaust system #14156, according to Corsa Tech it is the "Sport" version and the only one available for the 2007 XLR. Well, the Sport version, in my opinion is far too loud for this classy car, so now what do I do?
I am thinking of possibly having resonaters installed to reduse the exhaust sound by at least 15%, however i am concerned that the installation of the resonaters will cause a drone noise.
I don't know what else to do.
What do you think?

Resonators do exactly what you want and they are also used to get rid of droning. I believe Corsa sells resonators too. If you wanted the v set up you can probably use the axle back which includes the mild2wild valves

Hi,

That is very good to know. Unfortunately, too late as I have already installed the Corsa Exhaust System.

Richie

I'm not sure about the entire V exhaust system being a direct bolt-on replacement. I only used the mufflers, which fit perfectly and easily. I got the "mild to wild" switch/hardware from Sunset Orange Creations. It can be turned on/off with a remote, by sensing RPM, or by a switch on the DIC (which is how I do it). It works just fine!!!!!

Corsa Exhaust System

Hi Stella,

Thanks so much for your response. If the resonaters work, that will be great and resolves my problem. I will check with Corsa to see if they have resonaters, but when I talked to ther tech guy he never offered that option. He just said the resonaters may cause a drone?

If the resonaters don't work I will definately be interested in the V set up.

Where would I get that and how does the mild2wild valve work?

Thanks again,
Richie

Resonators do exactly what you want and they are also used to get rid of droning. I believe Corsa sells resonators too. If you wanted the v set up you can probably use the axle back which includes the mild2wild valves

Sorry to hear that you do not like the sound. I absolutely love my Corsa! :love: We like a more agressive sound on all of our vehicles and put Corsa's on all of our modern vehicles and Flowmasters on most of our classic cars. Perhaps you should drive it a bit and give it a chance, perhaps once you are past the initial shock you will find it more acceptable. My hubby's favourite saying on this subject is that 'if it is too loud, you are too old' :laugh:, but seriously we do not like it REALLY loud either. I do find the Corsa a bit noisy in the XLR when the top is up if a phone call comes in....... but that is a rare event to have the top up for me.

I would call the customer service guys again at Corsa, ask to speak to a sound expert, someone who can help you solve your problem! If you choose to change to an entirely different system then you should be able to sell your Corsa on this site at a small loss.

Hi,

Richie

go to google and type corvette mild to wild-the first response will have a very good you tube video explanation.

I'm not sure about the entire V exhaust system being a direct bolt-on replacement. I only used the mufflers, which fit perfectly and easily. I got the "mild to wild" switch/hardware from Sunset Orange Creations. It can be turned on/off with a remote, by sensing RPM, or by a switch on the DIC (which is how I do it). It works just fine!!!!!

How you'd get the vacuum line back to the mufflers to operate the baffles of the V mufflers?

Corsa Exhaust System

Hi Graytoad (interesting name),

Thanks so much for your advice. Maybe I am getting too old. But your right I should live wit it for a while. I did speak with the tech at Corsa and he had no options to offer. If time doesn’t fix this, I think the only option I have now is the resonators.

If I knew someone here in <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florida</st1:place></st1:State> with a stock Exhaust I would switch with them, but most responders live up north and like yourself quite the distance.

Thanks again for you advice and encouragement

Richie

Sorry to hear that you do not like the sound. I absolutely love my Corsa! :love: We like a more agressive sound on all of our vehicles and put Corsa's on all of our modern vehicles and Flowmasters on most of our classic cars. Perhaps you should drive it a bit and give it a chance, perhaps once you are past the initial shock you will find it more acceptable. My hubby's favourite saying on this subject is that 'if it is too loud, you are too old' :laugh:, but seriously we do not like it REALLY loud either. I do find the Corsa a bit noisy in the XLR when the top is up if a phone call comes in....... but that is a rare event to have the top up for me.

I would call the customer service guys again at Corsa, ask to speak to a sound expert, someone who can help you solve your problem! If you choose to change to an entirely different system then you should be able to sell your Corsa on this site at a small loss.

Hi Graytoad (interesting name),

Ya, I know it
is a bit odd but it goes way back. Canada is one of the worlds highest per capita online peoples and I have been online over 25 years.When I went to pick my first email address I naturally gravitated to my name, Gray was taken as was SGray so I thougth about Gray....something. Well the movie Graystoke: legend of Tarzan had just come out and I dont remember now if it was taken or I just did not want to copy. My daughter was a baby at the time and I had nick-named her Toadie: when you put hold a wee baby in a seated position they have no developed muscles so they hunker down so-to-speak, kind of all slouched and soft like.....what I like to think looks like a frog or toad. The rest is history. If you are ever on another web forum (Station Wagon forum, Ford trucks, Oldsmobile forum etc) and there is a Graytoad, it is me!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom