Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Costar - Bluestar module to replace OnStar.

Kennadian

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Crimson Pearl
I have been checking into the Bluestar unit that is meant to replace your OnStar unit in your GM vehicle and still allow you to use all of the mirror controls with your new bluetooth hookup. The end game is to save you the ridiculous airtime charges and the monthly membership fee to be an OnStar member and allow you to connect to your cell phone with a bluetooth connection and use your own phone package. The site advises that it is simple and wonderful. The Canadian site has testimonials as well and I was advised by a sales person that if there is ever a tech problem, they are there to walk you through any programming you may need to do to get it working properly. Has anybody else had experience with this company and can make a recommendation before I throw down the $$, Also, someone on their website mentioned that GM has a module that does the same thing, however, when I asked my local GM parts man, he came back to me to advise that according to the company, there is no such thing. Hmmmm..... Anybody have anything to add?

Bluestar?

I have been checking into the Bluestar unit that is meant to replace your OnStar unit in your GM vehicle and still allow you to use all of the mirror controls with your new bluetooth hookup. The end game is to save you the ridiculous airtime charges and the monthly membership fee to be an OnStar member and allow you to connect to your cell phone with a bluetooth connection and use your own phone package. The site advises that it is simple and wonderful. The Canadian site has testimonials as well and I was advised by a sales person that if there is ever a tech problem, they are there to walk you through any programming you may need to do to get it working properly. Has anybody else had experience with this company and can make a recommendation before I throw down the $$, Also, someone on their website mentioned that GM has a module that does the same thing, however, when I asked my local GM parts man, he came back to me to advise that according to the company, there is no such thing. Hmmmm..... Anybody have anything to add?

Is there any further info you could provide? Nothing seemed to apply from Google.
Beware of smoke salesmen...

This has been discussed before on this site. See the following thread.............

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-technical-discussion/5481-bluestar.html?highlight=Costar

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom