Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Courtesy Lamp Lens (P. side door)

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
Hello, all... just noticed that the top plastic clip on my passenger side door courtesy lamp lens had broken and will not remain in place. It appears that one must acquire a complete assembly (GM# 10384583) to obtain the lens. Local dealer wants $56.25 plus tax and must source from Michigan. Checked a few of the online sources and can get as low as $38 pre-shipping. Curious if anyone might have a lead to a lens-only acquisition, as my LED lamp is still perfectly functional. Thanks for any assistance...

It may be a package deal. The fog light lens on my '12 Expedition picked up a crack back in the spring. Ford doesn't sell the lens by itself. I had to replace the entire assembly which was easy enough, but instead of a $12 part (lens) it was almost $60 for the assembly.

It may be a package deal. The fog light lens on my '12 Expedition picked up a crack back in the spring. Ford doesn't sell the lens by itself. I had to replace the entire assembly which was easy enough, but instead of a $12 part (lens) it was almost $60 for the assembly.
Yeah, I think you're right. I've managed to re-attach it for now...just can't shut the door too hard.
Thanks for your input.

[emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be glad to pay $60.00 for a lense as they are discontuined. Hoping someone has come up with an after market version that plastic will not hold up for this manys years. At present time only way to install them is to superglue them back in place and hope the bulb never has to be replaced!

I would be glad to pay $60.00 for a lense as they are discontuined. Hoping someone has come up with an after market version that plastic will not hold up for this manys years. At present time only way to install them is to superglue them back in place and hope the bulb never has to be replaced!
I recommend E6000 RTV instead of super glue. It will give a little with vibration and if you ever do need to replace the bulb, it is possible.

I recommend E6000 RTV instead of super glue. It will give a little with vibration and if you ever do need to replace the bulb, it is possible.
Thanks I will give it a try on the passinger side panel

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back