Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cruise (ship!) 2011??

Cooking lessons!!!
(No, not, never, nada .....)
Really? On a vacation????
I mean, what more can I possibly learn???? ;)

But really ....

10 bars??? But there's only 7 days :pat: .... my, my .... so much to drink and so little time! :silly:

I thought you didn't drink? :laugh::laugh::laugh: OH wait, I forgot, I almost sliced a thumb off, opening your wine the first night in Colorado!!:lol::lol:

But really ....

10 bars??? But there's only 7 days :pat: .... my, my .... so much to drink and so little time! :silly:

Your thumb! Oh, man that LOOKED painful! That was a big ol' cut too. I can't believe the whole top of that bottle broke off .... on the other side of that story .... the wine was delish! :rocker:

I meant that I don't drink MUCH .... at a time ..... ;)

Yea,,, 10 bars on the ship.... If you drink on the ship, you'd better have a BIG expense account!! Has anyone looked at the price of drinks on ship!! That's why I don't drink much on ship!!

P.S. The internet isn't cheap either!!

Doris and did a 14 day to Hawaii - our (my) bar bill was a shade over $1,400 but we (I) had a great time !!!!!!! :blinzel: Our last time out for seven days we might have rackd up $100 in drinks since we took our own dinner wines and a large bottle of my favorite Mojito mix. The rest were beers at the pool or cocktails before dinner on a few nights.

Yea,,, 10 bars on the ship.... If you drink on the ship, you'd better have a BIG expense account!! Has anyone looked at the price of drinks on ship!! That's why I don't drink much on ship!!

P.S. The internet isn't cheap either!!
Amen to that the booze prices are way out their. If you take your own what you do sit in your cabin?:dunno: I dont see much fun in that. Why not plan a cruise (with our cars) closer for others to attend ?

Speedway:wave:

I don't know about anyone else, but I LOVE to cruise. You get on the ship, and everything else is taken care of. As for drinking in your room, works for us. We always get a suite big enough for entertaining...

Nothing like an aft cabin with a wake view, a bottle of good bubbly and a boat-load of snacks!!

Lunch on the balcony, I'm getting hungry looking at this one.

cruise

I'm always up for a cruise, too. We just booked a Celebrity cruise leaving out of Ft Lauderdale. We got a balcony room on the Solstice for 649.00 for 7 nights. I thought that was a great deal! We did a cruise with a local winery and if you have a group of people to go, it's cheaper. Also, you can have activities and get togethers for the group. XLR cruisers, I'm ready to go!:lol:

Well, our Rendezvous for 2011 won't be by car, but by ship ... all booked - and will HOPE everyday that some of you will join us and the Mswaims who have already made reservations also .... :rocker:

Please, you all have lots of time to make work vacation plans, save $$ and plan time to take a great getaway with us ... how fun to run into each other, have dinners .... swim, or do whatever with friends .... I have been harrassing JetBoy - he's always up for a vacation ...

Come on y'all - at least take a look at the cruise information ... it's got a full refund policy up until Feb 14th .....

Princess Cruise Lines
April 30, 2011 from LA (transportation from airport can be arranged)
Sapphire Princess
Mexican Rivera
7 Days

I used CostCo Travel and feel like it was a great price.

Come on, let's have a party boat!!!

:party:party

BTW ... this is our first!
I am so glad that the Mswaims thought of this ......

Sounds like a fun cruise and glad to see you are going First Class since it is your very first time to cruise. You will be in good hands with Mark and Doris.

Oh yeah, Marc .... NOW will you go???

Mazatlan :rocker:
Cabo San Lucas :blinzel:
Puerto Vallarta:party

I like Cabo. It is the last port of call and a tender-only port. Since we have been there a dozen times, we stay on the ship while most everybody else gets off. It is a great day for hitting the pizza bar, the hamburger/hotdog bar, the food court and the ice-cream shop AND enjoy a great bottle of wine before getting ready for dinner.............;) Oh, I forgot lunch in the dining room and breakfast at Sabatini's.

And a cigar at Churchill's; almost forgot that.

:lol::lol: Mswaim .... I can just picture you now: sitting back in a deck chair - smoking that cigar and with a drink in your hand ... "Marky Time" ... ;)

I am overwhelmed by the information about cruises that I have found on the 'net .... :willy_nilly: You all were so right -- so much to do -- and everyone has their favorite ... Makes it hard to decide.

Since this is our first trip - I want to see it all .... and after being on the ocean for a couple of days, I am sure we are going to get off at every opportunity to see the Riveria. I don't quite understand the different tour packages that are being offered, but we love beaches, pools, meandering around and doing the tourista thing .... so I am going to book those in advance ... I understand that some port activities can be "sold out" if you don't .... I missed the opportunity to parasail when we went to Maui - although all of the kids did it - I was too chicken ... but since seeing how it's done, that's one of my things on my bucket list that I will have a chance to cross off.

We loved riding the catamarrans in the Islands too and I read where that's an activity at one of the ports and if they have outriggers THAT is my VERY favorite thing ... Oh shoot ... I don't know .... and gosh, I only have 9 months to decide :pat::D:pat::lol:

Not sure how many times we have done this Mexican cruise, but more that 6 times, and I look forward to it each time. I love the two days at sea on your way down, waking up in Puerto Vallarta, and seeing the Walmart, Sams Club, and if you do the walking thing, you can also find Hooters and Hard Rock Cafe. But, you can also spend the day at Las Caletas, where John Huston lived, beautiful place, on the ocean, or spend the day at one of the all inclusive hotels, eating, drinking, and playing in the ocean.

The next day, you are in Mazatlan, the first thing you see is the Pacifico Brewery, which is Marks favorite beer, and puts him in a great mood :worship::worship::worship: . In Mazatlan, we always do the same excursion to Stone Island. You catamaran over to the island, and spend the day on the beach with wonderful Mexican food and all the alcohol you can consume. You feel like you are in a beer commercial. We love this place:love::love:

Cabo is the final stop, we never get tired of the bay cruises, everytime we go, there is always more construction along the waters edge. Beautiful homes on hill sides, giant hotels along the beach. If you want to walk into town, you can have lunch at Cabo Wabo, do some shopping. And, I don't want to forget the huge Costco :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Now if Mexico is not to your liking, we just booked a 28 day cruise departing October 22, 2011 out of San Pedro, to Hawaii, Samoa, Polynesia, and Tahiti. We would love for any of you to join us :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom