Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Curb Checking Your Rims is All Bad

David XLR-V

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V, Raven black
I'm so bummed right now. I pulled in in front of my house, an action I've performed a thousand times, but I was off a little bit off this day. I pulled up to the curb and heard my tires brush up against the concrete. There wasn't any screech of metal sound, or even reason to believe the rims had gotten damaged. I expected to see some scraping on the tire that I would just wipe off... boy was I wrong.

I would gratefully welcome any suggestions or similar experiences and what you did.

1. Do I try to find another pair for sale? (I went ahead and posted an inquiry in the parts for sale forum)

2. Do I get these sandblasted and powder coated?

3. Do I buy another set that are maybe a different style and not the 10 spoke (I do and have always loved these rims though)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-145934_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-145934_Gallery.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_20210306-145912_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-145912_Gallery.jpg
    974.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
look for a moble wheel repair. they can refinish those and touch them up so they look fine .most of the time for around 100 a wheel. check wit hyour dealer and ask who they use.

look for a moble wheel repair. they can refinish those and touch them up so they look fine .most of the time for around 100 a wheel. check wit hyour dealer and ask who they use.
I will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion. My only concern is since the paint is flaking off would they be able to fix that with a touch up. Worth checking out though... I'll reply here with what I find out.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom