photo_1-11.JPG

Sweeeet! Nothing beats a set of custom wheels on a XLR/XLRV:blinzel:

photo_1-14.JPG

Yes, I drive my XLR.:)

photo_1-23.JPG

;) Close enough.

photo_1-23.JPG

;) Close enough.

That car is beautiful. It should have been the next generation of the xlr. Did you notice that the wheels have two directions? Fronts direction is backward and rears looks to be directing Forward? Still beautiful though!

photo_1-35.JPG

Good enough.:blinzel:

This pics are for Stella: I took these pics back in 2005 or so. At firstI thought the openings were camera, but I was wrong.

13853_.jpg

13854_.jpg
''

Last edited:
What is this picture "I like it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

The only thing I don't like is those fog lights "too tall". I wonder what's that circle is in the center of the bumper? And I like the hood cut outs but I don't know about better than the cowl hood on the V model.
The body lines are better on the painted version IMHO.

Awe ok thought it was something new! Cool glad they ventured into XLR!!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Evoq to XLR

I always liked this photo of the Evoq concept car. It is easier to see the evolution of the concept to reality.

The circle in the center below the grille was to be for the "night vision" sensor. You might also notice that there are no rear-view mirrors as the Evoq used rearview cameras.

Also, the angle of the roof was changed in order to facilitate the operation of the retractable hardtop.

Check the wheels......the same!

If you have a copy of the XLR book by John McCormick, it explains the whole story of the Evoq and the XLR.

Cadillac-Evoq_Concept_1999_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

I do have the book just never had the time to sit down and read it!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Help please... Feedback needed

HELP!!!! - Okay... I've decided to stay with size 18 inch wheels but would love a wider tire for a more aggressive stance... Has anyone stayed with the 18's but went wider and if so I'm curious to know just how wide I could possibly go without encountering any drama from rubbing, scraping etc?

HELP!!!! - Okay... I've decided to stay with size 18 inch wheels but would love a wider tire for a more aggressive stance... Has anyone stayed with the 18's but went wider and if so I'm curious to know just how wide I could possibly go without encountering any drama from rubbing, scraping etc?

What are your wheel specs? That controls everything.

1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator

Once you determine the wheel spec and how far out side the fender you want the tire you will have your answer. There is not a lot of room on the rear for more tire going towards the center of the car. 18" v. 19" does not come into play as much as you might think since the profile height is typically different resulting in the same tire diameter. A 255 width with a 61mm offset will work both front and rear and typically will work with an 8" width wheel.

Make sure the width of the wheel is acceptable for the tire width per the mfg. specs.

Last edited:
What are your wheel specs? That controls everything.

Nothing fancy.... I went with the Corvette Z06 Centenniels 18" X 8.5" all around. Pic are in my garage photos. I'm more interested in know how wide I can go in the rear... The front? Not so much.

Last edited:
6:56 PM you ask for advise on the widest tire and yell HELP, 7:10 PM you say you've gone with something already. Do you want help or not? I have run 255/35R20's for 8 years on my 06-V, I went one size wider on the advise of a tire store, took a long trip and both rear tires tore up the inner liners. Your choice!:dunno:

Huh...?

6:56 PM you ask for advise on the widest tire and yell HELP, 7:10 PM you say you've gone with something already. Do you want help or not? I have run 255/35R20's for 8 years on my 06-V, I went one size wider on the advise of a tire store, took a long trip and both rear tires tore up the inner liners. Your choice!:dunno:

You read that wrong... I haven't gone with anything. I still have my factory run-flats and I want wider tires and curious as to how wide I can get. The factory run-flats just don't look right to me and I want a wider track.

Last edited:

I read this as he has the wheels but is researching tires.

I updated my previous post with more details. As I've said many times before, wheel offset is everything. You could put a 500mm wide tire on the back provided you had the correct offset, wheel width and are OK with the amount of rubber hanging out side the fender.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom