Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

D3 ECM unit and stage 2 intake

Wjfm1

My XLR/V(s)
2007 black XLRV
Looking for the above. Please contact if you have one available.

thank you

Looking for the above. Please contact if you have one available.

thank you

Don't do it! Don't do it!

The D3 ECM is a waste of several hundred dollars!

It's much cheaper to install the stage 1 and stage 2 together, then find yourself a good engine tuning shop to dyno tune the car. You get almost twice the horsepower over the ECM module and a good tuner can better setup your hand-built motor for optimum performance for less $$ as opposed to the D3 stock tune.

D3 stage 2?

Don't do it! Don't do it!

The D3 ECM is a waste of several hundred dollars!

It's much cheaper to install the stage 1 and stage 2 together, then find yourself a good engine tuning shop to dyno tune the car. You get almost twice the horsepower over the ECM module and a good tuner can better setup your hand-built motor for optimum performance for less $$ as opposed to the D3 stock tune.

Just read your comments about D3 modifications. Thanks for the valuable info. I have a 2006 XLR-V with a Volant CAI & Corsa exhaust. My question is how much performance will the D3 stage 2 "Y" manifold add to the engine? Your thoughts. by the way, what did you do to your V to get 501 HP & the wheels?

Just read your comments about D3 modifications. Thanks for the valuable info. I have a 2006 XLR-V with a Volant CAI & Corsa exhaust. My question is how much performance will the D3 stage 2 "Y" manifold add to the engine?

It'll breathe a little better but the primary restriction is at the throttle body. Without a tune you probably won't feel the difference. The supercharger whine will be a little louder, but that's about it without a tune.

My question is will it fit with the Volant CAI? The D3 Stage 2 is a 4" tube so you'll have to create an adapter to go from the smaller Volant pipe to the larger D3 connection.

Your thoughts. by the way, what did you do to your V to get 501 HP & the wheels?

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-v/4916-snake-bite-xlr-v.html?highlight=rattle+snake

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom