Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

D3 Stage 1/2 install

gatorwilly

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Infrared XLR-V [sold], 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Getting ready to install the D3 Stage 1/2 air intake on my 07 V.. Any vets out there with any hints, tips, or cautions before the wrench comes out?
Thanks, WW

The rubber flange between the new runners and the intake on the supercharger is a tight fit - just take your time. Also, do not over tighten the bolts with the studs for the engine cover. I placed the tuner box inside the front fender, there is a small opening towards the front end.

Good luck.

Todd

Thanks Todd.. I was thinking of using a light lube on the runners to help them slide into the connectors.. Not doing the tuner thing at this time but I'm sure that will be next..WW

I had to trim one of the flange tabs to get it to fit... but it wasn't a big deal.

I ended up sending the ecu box back, and getting a dyno tune done instead... just a thought.

It's on.. It fits [very snug].. Appreciate the previous advice.. Car runs great.. Computer is figuring out what is going on.. Took my time, [most of the day].. Stayed hydrated [six pack of Miller].. My best tools where a thin coat of Vasoline on the connectors and a rubber mallet..

Now, the next project.. Engine cover modification.. Has anyone with this setup modified the engine cover to fit? If so, educate me. Thanks for any info.. Bill [looking for fall in fla..]

Now, the next project.. Engine cover modification.. Has anyone with this setup modified the engine cover to fit? If so, educate me. Thanks for any info.. Bill [looking for fall in fla..]

I have not modified the cover to fit, but would love to do so... if you come up with any ideas please share! :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom