Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

dead/lost fob

ald42

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
05 xlr satin nickle
Hi,i put my key in a magnetic case and stuck it to the rail under rear bumper so i can get into trunk.i then wrapped my 3rd fob in aluminum foil,put it in right compartment in trunk,the fob is not detected and i now have a spare if there is a problem/lost with the fob i'm using. questions/comments?? it works???

Interesting concept, but I keep a two pack of batteries in my glove box to replace if needed... probably a little less financial commitment with the same result.

Why keep a battery in the third fob at all? If you're forced to open the rear decklid manually, why not pull the manual door release cable, gain entry and insert the fob in the glovebox slot?

CC :)

Why keep a battery in the third fob at all? If you're forced to open the rear decklid manually, why not pull the manual door release cable, gain entry and insert the fob in the glovebox slot?

CC :)
hi,will the fob work without a battery?

Interesting concept, but I keep a two pack of batteries in my glove box to replace if needed... probably a little less financial commitment with the same result.
good idea,i'm thinking loosing/bad fob where my extra battery won't help.what's the life of spare and batteries that we use regularly?

As a failsafe, a fob with a dead battery (or no battery) will work when placed in the glovebox slot through EM coupling with the limp home antenna.
CC

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back