Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Detroit Must Die

There's an oxymoron in the Swaim household.
Mark doesn't like unions
Doris doesn't like foreign cars
you both drive domestic cars
Doris works for a Toyota dealer
Huh?:pat::pat:
Somebody please get me a drink

Bob, you will have plenty to drink when you get here, and I did own a Jag, and to be honest, I would drive a Aston Martin in a heartbeat. People in the car business go where the money is, and right now, its not the domestics. The Ford store next to us does about 30 cars a month (down from 150+ when I worked there), the Cadillac/Chevy store down the street is the same way. Like anyone else in the work force, you go where the money is.

I have no problem with unions, but they need to understand, just like everyone else, things can't always stay the same, if they want to continue to have jobs, they may have to give a little, or maybe even a lot, and quality control says it all. In a 12 month time period at a Ford store where I worked, we would see from 6 to 10 vehichles returned under the Lemon Law, and you know we did Lemon Law our 04 XLR, and I have had problems with my 07. I have been with Toyota for over 2 years, and have not seen a single Lemon Law vehicle.

To keep this in perspective, you are talking about quality cars a few years ago when you talk about Jags and Aston Martins, not rafts of asian cars being put together and sent over here by businesses that will do anything to wreck our economy. What the hell, they tried on December 7, 1941 and now their doing it another way in 2008.
Unions fought for every dime and every health benefit and retirement fund to give us a healthly nation and non union companies tear this all down. We unions are way behind the ecomomy at this point. Back in the 50's we started giving up what other union members fought and died for to get a better life for the American family as a whole. When I see a guy at a union meeting willing to give up something like triple time for working on a holiday or Sunday, I say ok, maybe that's a little of the top, but when they want to give up health care and give up raises to not stay up with the economy, then I have to voice my opinion at the union meeting. Usually that's the only place I do that.
Every foreighn car that comes into this country tears our economy down and the crap coming in from China is even worse.
I don't deny these people are building better cars, but we need to remove these union people that won't do quality work. Make a standard to keep your job. If I didn't do my job correctly and safely then I would be sent back to the hall, now whose going to hire a 75 year old lineman to climb poles or towers, so I must stay on top of my game at all cost.
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined This is not rocket science. Look back into the 40's...........We fought two wars at once and won both. Why?
I'm gonna say it again and get down off my box.
United we Stand..........Divided we fall.:patriot:
I honor my father for being a part of that.
God Bless America! and I'm a patriot and will still give my life for my country.
Bob, you will have plenty to drink when you get here, and I did own a Jag, and to be honest, I would drive a Aston Martin in a heartbeat. People in the car business go where the money is, and right now, its not the domestics. The Ford store next to us does about 30 cars a month (down from 150+ when I worked there), the Cadillac/Chevy store down the street is the same way. Like anyone else in the work force, you go where the money is.

I have no problem with unions, but they need to understand, just like everyone else, things can't always stay the same, if they want to continue to have jobs, they may have to give a little, or maybe even a lot, and quality control says it all. In a 12 month time period at a Ford store where I worked, we would see from 6 to 10 vehichles returned under the Lemon Law, and you know we did Lemon Law our 04 XLR, and I have had problems with my 07. I have been with Toyota for over 2 years, and have not seen a single Lemon Law vehicle.

There's an oxymoron in the Swaim household.
Mark doesn't like unions
Doris doesn't like foreign cars
you both drive domestic cars
Doris works for a Toyota dealer
Huh?:pat::pat:
Somebody please get me a drink

I never said I did not like unions. I just feel the UAW has out-lived its usefulness in its present form, much like the CDC union. Both are forcing themselves into a corner they cannot get out of.

But I can't argue the rest of it..................:lol:

Dose anyone else find it strange some Senators jumped right in to bail out Wall Street but are against bailing out the Big 3 ? Do you think if all the people on the assembly lines put on suits and ties that would make a difference? When I read some Senators were baulking I couldn't but help think that. Do they really care about the people that have helped keep this country going. The working class is the largest class of people we have but they seem to be the ones that don't count. What was that old saying "LET THEM EAT CAKE" ? I think it was something like that and look what happened back then, a few heads dropped. First Robin:patriot:

Dose anyone else find it strange some Senators jumped right in to bail out Wall Street but are against bailing out the Big 3 ? Do you think if all the people on the assembly lines put on suits and ties that would make a difference? When I read some Senators were baulking I couldn't but help think that. Do they really care about the people that have helped keep this country going. The working class is the largest class of people we have but they seem to be the ones that don't count. What was that old saying "LET THEM EAT CAKE" ? I think it was something like that and look what happened back then, a few heads dropped. First Robin:patriot:

That is what bothers me. They bailed out Wall Street, but they are willing to let these men and women supporting their families lose there jobs. The bail out they gave to the banks, the banks are just holding on to the money. They still aren't lending out the money to the business owners.

I think we all need to move on, because no matter how we feel, we really don't have a say. Our government will make all the decisions for us. I would hate for any jobs to be lost, so lets all go out and buy at least one new car each. Don't you think that would help??? Mark and I seem to buy at least one new car each year, so we will get a new one early next year, when the lease ends on the 07 CTS, so I feel we will be doing our part. You know that old saying if you gonna talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk", so lets all walk it together :):):)

I have a voice - it's called a checkbook. in my wake is a 1995 Mustang, 97 F150, a 97 Cobra, a 99 Ford Lightning, 2000 Explorer Sport, a 2001 Bullitt, a 2002 Lightning, a 2003 Cobra, a 2005 C6 Vette, a 2007 CTS and a 2009 GT500.

In Doris's court is an 88 Allante, 93 Allante, 96 Mustang GT convertible, 97 Lincoln Mark VIII, 98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2002 Jag Sedan, 2004 XLR, 2006 Hummer and an 07 XLR.

This only covers automobiles we bought as personal vehicles. We both participate in Company-supplied vehicle programs.

Don't consider this bragging - since we lost cash on everyone one of these deals (well, not that many)

I mention them because I want everyone to know we love cars that much! We will eat soup to get the car we want, but in kind; the person who builds my car needs to have same level of passion.

Bottom line is - we love cars and have supported the Big 3 all of our lives. My question is - what have they done for me???? Except run the industry we love and support into the toilet.

Applause for Mark! :blinzel: Now that's a patriot.:patriot:
There was a day a foreign car was not allowed on union property and that's when things where great.
I have said this another way...........The big dogs at the top need to be taking home less and the the workers rewarded with raises by the union ONLY if they are doing their job or find someone sitting back at the hall waiting for a call to go to work and is willing to work hard like I've done all my life.
Where both on the same page, we are just saying it differently.

I can also remember when we laughed at the folks buying import cars, but tonight as I drove into our complex I had to stop behind several cars waiting for the gate to open. In front of me was a Toyota Camry, a Nissan Ultima and a brand new Mini Cooper. Hey, at least mine was good old fashioned American Muscle! :patriot:

I can also remember when we laughed at the folks buying import cars, but tonight as I drove into our complex I had to stop behind several cars waiting for the gate to open. In front of me was a Toyota Camry, a Nissan Ultima and a brand new Mini Cooper. Hey, at least mine was good old fashioned American Muscle! :patriot:

Were you driving the golf cart again??????:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back